Fixing the top of a bathing suit

njtwinmom

I have fixed a few shirts that I thought were too revealing. Maybe this will work with a bathing suit, too? To try it and see if it will work without being bunched up funny, pin it, try it on and see how it looks before you sew. All I do is add a few stitches to bring the middle seam up a little further so it is not so low-cut. Am I explaining that so you can understand?

What's revealing about that???? Go with it! Unless the top is too small, and you're spilling out over the cups, don't worry about it! It's a cute suit!

If the OP feels it's too revealing.... it probably is. Even if it isn't what you call too revealing, she's already stated that SHE thinks it is. Why should she be uncomfortable? If she's going to be even more self-conscious in a bathing suit than one already normally is, what's the point?

OP: You can by Lycra/swimsuit material at a fabric store. You could pick a coordinating color (red, animal print :eek: maybe? :D My eyes aren't that good tonight and I can't tell if it's just a black and white bathing suit) or same color and sew a triangle in between the bust/cleavage area. That is, if it doesn't bunch together well when you pin it close.

Good luck! :D

ETA: I just clicked on the pic and, obviously red nor animal print would work!! LOL Geeze... I must need sleep. It's a cute suit!!

My new suit was too revealing also .. and then I realized the straps were too long .. I fixed that and it is fine. So pin the straps first and see if that work .. then you may only need a stitch or two at the plunge.

Archived