QM2 19 Dec. 08: Any SCUBA Divers On Board

SD_Murph

Hi :) we will be on board I dive Padi Dive Master certified my wife doesn't dive. Looking forward to getting in some dives haven't had time this summer. Will likely do some cold water dives double 7mil (feel like Michelin Man) in the next couple weeks at GILBOA Quarry in Ohio check out website. I am from Ont Canada.

I understand QM2 arranges dives for around $110 two tank dive????? They usually subcontract to local dive shop. The local dive shops are usually $95-100 so no monetary saving We could setup our own dives. Would have to arrange transportation, times etc. What are you wanting to see. Tell me more about your diving. The operators are a little reluctant to take on challanging dives without checking you out:eek: . Don't blame them. By the time they are comfortable we will be on to the next port. So nice comfortable dives in warm water with lots of marine life, corals, and mermaides is what I am looking for. Seen too many rotting wrecks.

My husband and I are Advanced Open Water Certified with over 200 dives. We sometimes dive San Diego, but I prefer warm, clear water with lots of fish and corals. We have done several liveaboards and dive resort vacations. We booked this cruise to be with my parents over the holidays so the diving is an expected bonus.

We were thinking that by arranging our own diving we would find dive operators that have smaller boats, fewer divers, and go to more interesting dive sites.

My husband has emailed several dive operations at the various ports and found they will pick-up and return us to the ship. The price was about the same as the ship tours. We are interested in diving Bonaire, Grenada, Barbados, St. Lucia, Dominica, and Tortola.

If you are interested in joining us let us know.

Archived