Thanksgiving in Quebec City

thlady

Thanksgiving isn't nearly as important here as it is in the US. I think most things should be open.

I wouldn't entirely agree with this. It is a stat holiday in Canada, and a lot of places will be closed. Not sure about tours though.

I wouldn't entirely agree with this. It is a stat holiday in Canada, and a lot of places will be closed. Not sure about tours though.

I can never remember what's open and what's not:rolleyes: . I know that places like grocery stores are usually open, but not sure about smaller shops...

The large stores are usually open for reduced hours on Thanksgiving. It's a legal holiday, but that's mostly for the government and the office buildings. At least here in Quebec. In Montreal, the stores are usually open and plenty of people shopping. The banks are closed though.

Note, Thanksgiving in Canada isn't a big shopping day like in the US. We don't have a big day for shopping like in the US.... except for Boxing Day (at least here in Quebec) where the stores are MOBBED.

Do any of the Quebec folks know if the shops on Petit Champlain would be open? Of particular interest would be La Soierie Huo and the place with the colorful glass items (forgot the name).

I had planned to devote a good part of the day in Quebec to some shopping. I consider it my duty to support the local economy of the places I visit. :D

Thanks.

Note, Thanksgiving in Canada isn't a big shopping day like in the US. We don't have a big day for shopping like in the US.... except for Boxing Day (at least here in Quebec) where the stores are MOBBED.

Thanksgiving in the US isn't a shopping day, as most everything is closed. However, the day AFTER Thanksgiving (called "Black Friday") is a VERY big shopping day.

I know that mall are open (as I used to work in a mall)

to be sure you may send an. e.mail to those shops

I found the link for you

The glass shop is named Transparence

http://www.quartierpetitchamplain.com/eng/commerces.categories.asp

click on the shop name and you will get their websites or thier e.mail

Have a nice stay

Thanksgiving in the US isn't a shopping day, as most everything is closed. However, the day AFTER Thanksgiving (called "Black Friday") is a VERY big shopping day.

And Boxing day is the day after Christmas. It's the biggest shopping day in Canada. Oddest part is that stores in Quebec are closed on the 2nd of January to compensate for being open on the 26th of December.

I know that mall are open (as I used to work in a mall)

to be sure you may send an. e.mail to those shops

I found the link for you

The glass shop is named Transparence

http://www.quartierpetitchamplain.com/eng/commerces.categories.asp

click on the shop name and you will get their websites or thier e.mail

Have a nice stay

Thanks for the info. It was very helpful.

Transparence is open, but I didn't receive a reply from Soierie Huo.

Do you want me to phone them tomorrow and I will post your their answers.

Thanks, but no. I'm getting on the airplane tomorrow at 6:00 am and since this is vacation, not a business trip, the laptop stays at home.

There are so many cool things to see in Quebec, even if one is closed it will still be a wonderful visit.

Archived