New York Information...

josephml1

Hello everyone I need your help about parking.

Please mention a cheap parking in Manhattan for a day on weekdays...please mention the price and where...

Please just mention your personal favorites on your personal experience :=)

Also if you can mention a truly cheap parking around the hoboken Path, the price and location.

Thank You all:)

Joe,

There are a few lots around the Hoboken PATH. As to parking in NYC, just stay out of the heart of midtown and tourist areas. For instance, I can park around the corner from my office @ 33rd and Lexington for less than $20/day. That being said, take the PATH unless you really need to drive in NYC.

Joe,

There are a few lots around the Hoboken PATH. As to parking in NYC, just stay out of the heart of midtown and tourist areas. For instance, I can park around the corner from my office @ 33rd and Lexington for less than $20/day. That being said, take the PATH unless you really need to drive in NYC.

Thank you for the information and for sharing your personal experience.

:);)

Joseph, aen't you the same Joseph that we had like a 20 page thread with things to do in NYC when you were here for a cruise in 2007? If so, you can still use that thread for places to eat and things to see. I am glad you are coming back.

If it isn't the same Joseph, let me know and I'l see if I can find the original thread for you.

Willysgrandma -

That's really interesting to hear that Joseph might have been a persistent poster before. I've been puzzled by the ongoing posts. If Joseph has a place to stay in Jersey City, then why is he asking about places to park for free in Brooklyn and take the subway?

Having lived in Jersey City for 5 years, I know that it makes no economic sense to pay the Holland Tunnel toll and pay to park in Manhattan, even at the very cheapest lot you can find. It doesn't make any sense to pay the toll and drive to Brooklyn even if you can find free parking.

The only thing I don't know for sure is if there is still free parking in Jersey City away from the Path stations, but my past experiences tell me that there might be free on-street parking where you could take a local bus to Journal Square, Grove Street or Exchange Place.

So I remain puzzled. New York is expensive and you just have to deal with it. He's lucky to have free accommodations!

138east and Willysgrandma

Yes I am the same Joseph, I also read my last thread very useful by the way... Thanks Again.

Now, well maybe the best think to do is to park around a PATh station and then take it to NYC and move there by subway.

Now I am looking for advice about cheap parking around path maybe Hoboken or any other that take you to NYC fast.

Again Thank You All and also thak you for the free advice;) :D .

Joseph, I can't help you at all with the parking questions, but I highly recommend taking the path in from Jersey City and hoofing it around Manhattan. I don't know how far away from the Path you will be staying (in Jersey City) but surely you can either walk to the path, take a cab, or get a ride. Even if you end up taking a taxi home from Manhattan to Jersey City because it's late - it will still be cheaper and more convenient than having to deal with a car.

138east and Willysgrandma

Yes I am the same Joseph, I also read my last thread very useful by the way... Thanks Again.

Now, well maybe the best think to do is to park around a PATh station and then take it to NYC and move there by subway.

Now I am looking for advice about cheap parking around path maybe Hoboken or any other that take you to NYC fast.

Again Thank You All and also thak you for the free advice;) :D .

IF you are planning to return from NYC after about 9:00PM, be careful where you park. Quite a few of the lots in Hoboken/around Journal Square are commuter lots and close early. Would be a disaster to return from NYC and find your car locked in the lot until 5-5:30AM the following morning. One big reason I park IN Journal Square. 24/7 in and out parking and you really won't find cheaper, other than the street (IF you could find a spot).

Most street parking has limits during the day. One of my employees had a rental towed away when they left the car all day and night. The next morning, it was GONE. Not a cheap experience.

IF you are planning to return from NYC after about 9:00PM, be careful where you park. Quite a few of the lots in Hoboken/around Journal Square are commuter lots and close early. Would be a disaster to return from NYC and find your car locked in the lot until 5-5:30AM the following morning. One big reason I park IN Journal Square. 24/7 in and out parking and you really won't find cheaper, other than the street (IF you could find a spot).

Most street parking has limits during the day. One of my employees had a rental towed away when they left the car all day and night. The next morning, it was GONE. Not a cheap experience.

Thanks good advice I will be very careful thanks:) ;)

I find a lot information on this page http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/path/html/js.html

I will follow your advice. Thank You Again.

Parking AT Journal Square is $12.00 per 24 hours

There are quite a few parking lots AROUND Journal Square. The one on Sip Ave has coupons sometimes for a discount. But some of the adjacent private lots close early (about 10:00PM) so check before you park.

I just park AT Journal Square.

Do you have the exact address of AT Park in Journal Square?

Archived