The time really flies

bigbigbear28

We booked our crusie in Jan this year and it seemed like such a long time away and i thought it would go so slow, but the months have just flown by and pretty soon we will be on our cruise, yay so excited :D :D

Much to look forward to.

When final payment is out of the way, the rest of the time flies by.

Yes I know what you mean. I think this cruise has got me through the long nights at work. Just knowing what I am working for is enough to make it bearable. Time is flying by and before you know it we will be cruising.:D :D

Isn't it great when it gets close?? We booked in Feb and our cruise is just over a month away. I am looking so forward to it, it is a dream come true to cruise the south pacific!!! :D :D

Bring on November!!!!

Sonya

I have a month longer to wait than you, so you will have to tell me what its like from the eyes of a newbie. I wonder if the second and third cruises are as exciting to wait for as the first.

(great name by the way)

Sonja

Hi Mumzie,

Yes, this is the most exciting thing we have ever done. You just get more and more excited as the cruise draws closer. My DH thinks I am obsessed but who cares. CC helps me not drive my friends crazy, because I can finally talk to people who are just as excited as me.

Sonja

pml Sonja I think my hubby is already sick of me so glad I found this site or I'd go mental :p

My kids are always having a dig at me and want to know what I will do when it is all over. I just tell them that this just the first of many cruises. I will keep my second job just to pay for it if I have to.

Sonja:D

My kids are always having a dig at me and want to know what I will do when it is all over. I just tell them that this just the first of many cruises. I will keep my second job just to pay for it if I have to.

Sonja:D

I'm already thinking of another cruise but taking all the kids, but we would need two rooms, do they have adjoining rooms lol

I wonder if the second and third cruises are as exciting to wait for as the first.

Sonja

I think it's almost worse/more exciting waiting for second/third/subsequent cruises ... you know what to expect ... and I've found I've was more excited leading up to our second and am just as excited waiting for our third!!!!!:D:D (We brought newbies with us on our second - so could enjoy their anticipation for their first cruise too ... and we're brining another set of newbies next time too!!! We just keep converting non-cruisers!!!)

Some of my excitement has rubbed off on my friends too. I have emailed my TA's address to so many people I should be getting a spotters fee. Too bad all the quad rooms are taken. Our friends all have kids and can't afford to take two cabins. I would gladly accept an upgrade to two twins and they can then have my cabin, hmmm, not such a bad idea me thinks.

Sonja

Some of my excitement has rubbed off on my friends too. I have emailed my TA's address to so many people I should be getting a spotters fee. Too bad all the quad rooms are taken. Our friends all have kids and can't afford to take two cabins. I would gladly accept an upgrade to two twins and they can then have my cabin, hmmm, not such a bad idea me thinks.

Sonja

Very generous of you Sonja ..... :D:p

I'm already thinking of another cruise but taking all the kids, but we would need two rooms, do they have adjoining rooms lol

Sorry but there are no adjoining cabins on our aussie ships.They no longer allow 5 in a cabin either.

Two cabins next to each other would be best that way you get two bathrooms as well

Sorry but there are no adjoining cabins on our aussie ships.They no longer allow 5 in a cabin either.

Two cabins next to each other would be best that way you get two bathrooms as well

A guy in the P&O call centre tried to tell me that connecting cabins were a "security risk" when I made an enquiry about them. I mentioned that all the new Carnival ships had them and that P&O are owned by Carnival so why are they making new ships with interconnecting cabins? He couldn't answer that one. Does ROS have interconnecting cabins?

Also the cabins are so small trying to fit a door way into them would be almost impossible.

Some of the newer ships have balcony cabins connected to insides as well normal connecting ones, plus large suites that fit a large family.

not sure anout the ROS

Hi Rose and Karon,

Yes ROS does have connecting rooms...both outside and inside staterooms,although having said that we opted for two next to each other as the interconnecting rooms were either all booked out or out of our price range.....unfortunately.:p :)

But as Karon said two bathrooms.. a major plus having six people to get through the shower etc.:rolleyes: :D

Regards Sandie:)

I also have 5 in my family and email p&o below is KYLIE's reply. (in case you dont know all emails from p&o came from Kylie it was a bit of a joke another thread. LOL )

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for emailing Carnival Australia.

As you are a family of 5, the cabin options available are as follows:

On Pacific Sun and Pacific Dawn:

• One x 4 berth cabin in an inside or outside grade of accommodation plus 1x sole occupancy in an inside or outside cabin

• Two x cabins next door to each other in an inside or outside grade of accommodation.

(please note that as per our booking terms and conditions, there must be at least one adult aged 18 years or over at the date of sailing booked into each cabin)

Following a review by Fleet Safety onboard our ships, there are a number of changes that have been put into effect.

As a result we have new restrictions which control both the maximum occupancy per meta* on each of our ships and the minimum free floor space within a cabin.

As a result of these changes, we are unable to offer any 5 berth cabins on any of our ships. We do not have inter-connecting cabins on Pacific Dawn or Pacific Sun.

If you have any further enquiries please contact our reservations department on 13 24 69 or your local travel agent.

Kind Regards

Kylie

LOL mine said almost the same thing....again fro Kylie.

"Thank you for emailing Carnival Australia.

As you are a family of 5, the cabin options you would be looking at are as follows:

On Pacific Sun, Dawn or Star:

• 2 x cabins next door to each other in an inside or outside grade of accommodation (please note that as per our booking terms and conditions, there must be at least one adult aged 18 years or over at the date of sailing booked into each cabin) You could either have a sole occupancy cabin and a 4 berth cabin (this is generally the cheapest option) or a 2 berth cabin and a 3 berth cabin.

• Following a rview by Fleet Safety onboard our ships, there are a number of changes that have been put into effect. As a result we have new restrictions which control both the maximum occupancy per meta* on each of our ships and the minimum free floor space within a cabin.

As a result of these changes, we are unable to offer any 5 berth cabins on any of our ships.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, if you have any further queries please contact our reservations department on 13 24 69 or your local travel agent.

Kind Regards

Kylie "

Sonya

I have a month longer to wait than you, so you will have to tell me what its like from the eyes of a newbie. I wonder if the second and third cruises are as exciting to wait for as the first.

(great name by the way)

Sonja

I will definitely tell you all about it! I warn you though, it will be very detailed, I don't like leaving stuff out :D

Thanks about the name :D When I was born my parents didn't know how to spell it. The whole family spelt it the 3 well-known ways of spelling the name, it became the family joke, however my mother wanted to "Australianise" my name and spelled it the way it is said. The way your name is spelled is how it would be spelled overseas ;)

I will definitely tell you all about it! I warn you though, it will be very detailed, I don't like leaving stuff out :D

Thanks about the name :D When I was born my parents didn't know how to spell it. The whole family spelt it the 3 well-known ways of spelling the name, it became the family joke, however my mother wanted to "Australianise" my name and spelled it the way it is said. The way your name is spelled is how it would be spelled overseas ;)

Dad is European and there is no "y" in his alphabet, hence the J. Always have to spell my name, first and last. I am loving this Kylie girl. Haven't had such a giggle in ages.

We should all email kylie the same question and see how many diff way she can reply LOl

OMG what a thread that would be:eek: so funny.

You are all bad people on here.....:Dtrying to lead us all astray.

We will all be banned.

What question are we going to ask?:p

cant be 5 berth cabins or slides.

Archived