LaQuinta Inn @ La Porte

Sunarky44

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the LaQuinta Inn @ La Porte is in a safe area - they are now back open and I have reservations for the 18th of October - they tell me they offer free cruise parking and you can take a shuttle for $5.00 per person to the port.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me

It's safe. It's right along 146 going to the port. La Porte is very industrialized now and doesn't look much like the small town it use to be, but you'll be fine. There are however, a few newer hotels within a few blocks that you might prefer - if they are open and provide the same services.

We have confirmed and prepaid reservations thru AARP/ Expedia for the 26th of Oct. Hopefully all will be open by that time. Are there any good restaurants close by? Also is that confirmed about the free cruise parking? Being that Port Rd is apparently closed, Id gladly pay 5 bucks a head to be drive to Bayport. Any info on the area or Bayport would be appreciated

Thanks

Geoff

It's safe. It's right along 146 going to the port. La Porte is very industrialized now and doesn't look much like the small town it use to be, but you'll be fine. There are however, a few newer hotels within a few blocks that you might prefer - if they are open and provide the same services.

If you don't mind can you give me the names of the newer hotels?

Thanks

We have confirmed and prepaid reservations thru AARP/ Expedia for the 26th of Oct. Hopefully all will be open by that time. Are there any good restaurants close by? Also is that confirmed about the free cruise parking? Being that Port Rd is apparently closed, Id gladly pay 5 bucks a head to be drive to Bayport. Any info on the area or Bayport would be appreciated

Thanks

Geoff

One of my favorites is on Main Street called El Rancheros - it looks like a dive - but great food!. Also, El Toros on Main and I believe it's Las Hadas on the same street as La Quinta but at the eastern end. (Can you tell I like Mexican?!) Lots of great seafood in the Seabrook/Kemah area, but I doubt most if any are open yet. There's all kinds of fast food close to 146 as well.

We think the best restaurant in LaPorte is 101 Main, east of Hwy 146 in the old "downtown" section of the city.

Just drove over to the Bayport Terminal. Roads are all clear; Port Road is not closed. It is a busy place with lots of cars parked on the terminal lots and in the grassy areas around the lots.

We think the best restaurant in LaPorte is 101 Main, east of Hwy 146 in the old "downtown" section of the city.

Just drove over to the Bayport Terminal. Roads are all clear; Port Road is not closed. It is a busy place with lots of cars parked on the terminal lots and in the grassy areas around the lots.

well that's good to know. thanks. someone on another thread said that port road was closed and all traffic, cars and construction trucks were being rerouted thru seabrook. thanks for going there and checking thing out

and we'll check out 101 Main too. We get mexican food from little mom and pops here all the time and it s great. the ones that look like dive's usually are the best. course we'll get the real thing in Progresso!

Drive west on Fairmont Parkway from the hotel. About 5 miles down on Fairmont is Beltway 8. Several nice places to eat are there like Chili's, Chipotle, Magnolia Cafe, Skeeters, etc. are there as well as shopping.

Wave to us when you go by :)

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the LaQuinta Inn @ La Porte is in a safe area - they are now back open and I have reservations for the 18th of October - they tell me they offer free cruise parking and you can take a shuttle for $5.00 per person to the port.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me

Wow, if that's true that would be great for me and my family. Do you mind sharing the info to the hotel? The phone number would be a big help. I found the one I think it might be..but I want to make sure it's the one you are talking about. It's been kind of hard to locate a hotel that is even taking reservations since Ike. Just trying to figure out where to stay now. I'm also cruising on the 19th. Can't wait! Thanks for any info you can give me.

Happy cruising everyone! :D

Wow, if that's true that would be great for me and my family. Do you mind sharing the info to the hotel? The phone number would be a big help. I found the one I think it might be..but I want to make sure it's the one you are talking about. It's been kind of hard to locate a hotel that is even taking reservations since Ike. Just trying to figure out where to stay now. I'm also cruising on the 19th. Can't wait! Thanks for any info you can give me.

Happy cruising everyone! :D

It is the La Quinta 2 1105 Hwy 146 South in La Porte, TX - I made my reservation on line and I used the discount code USTBLE and got my room for $59.95 plus taxes (which I think are 17%) - Hope you can get you one at the rate also.

Yeah, that's the one I thought it was. I went to the website and it says there are not any rooms available for that date..Oct 18th. It also says the hotel is closed for repairs due to the hurricane. So how did you make reservations..which website did you use? I'm confused hehe. :confused: If you made them online..how did you find out about free parking and the shuttle? Well maybe I'll just call the hotel. Maybe that would be easier. :D

Thanks for the info. If you have anymore..please let me know.

Yeah, that's the one I thought it was. I went to the website and it says there are not any rooms available for that date..Oct 18th. It also says the hotel is closed for repairs due to the hurricane. So how did you make reservations..which website did you use? I'm confused hehe. :confused: If you made them online..how did you find out about free parking and the shuttle? Well maybe I'll just call the hotel. Maybe that would be easier. :D

I called LaQuinta on Tuesday they said they are open but they are booked full. I was looking to book Oct 25 - 27 for by bil & sil.

Sharon

I made our reservations thru lq dot com - I spoke with them on the 30th of September to make sure they would be open and all repairs were made- at this time is when they told me about the free parking and the shuttle and most important they are up and running.

Ladies and Gentleman, My group of 20 has decided to stay at another hotel so we will be releasing 5 rooms at the La Porte Laquinta as of Monday morning. We decided on the Holiday Inn Express in Seabrook because you can leave your car there while you are cruising. Ill let you know the minute we cancel our rooms

Ladies and Gentleman, My group of 20 has decided to stay at another hotel so we will be releasing 5 rooms at the La Porte Laquinta as of Monday morning. We decided on the Holiday Inn Express in Seabrook because you can leave your car there while you are cruising. Ill let you know the minute we cancel our rooms

What dates do you have reserved?

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, has anybody sailed yet and stayed at the LQ in La Porte? I really need to find a hotel for Dec. A hotel review would be greatly appreciated for any in the area.

TIA

Juligan; are you aware that the Conquest and Ecstasy both will return to Galveston beginning November 1??

Mach

Juligan; are you aware that the Conquest and Ecstasy both will return to Galveston beginning November 1??

Mach

Yes sir, we just don't want to be in the middle of the bike rally. Besides, the only rooms I can find in Galveston right now are close to $200 a night.

We just booked the Comfort Suites in La Porte for $77, free internet and full breakfast. So we'll have to drive 45 minutes Sunday morning but that will probably be what we need to keep us from getting to the terminal so early that we'd sit there board waiting to get in. We can cancel up to the Friday before if we happen to come across a deal closer to Galveston, so we are still open to suggestions.

By the way, Mach, how are those Conquest Capers coming along?

We had the La Quinta booked for this Sat night, but I canceled for Guido's in Galveston, for @80 including tax.

We can have free cruise parking, free hot breakfast, and a coupon to eat at Caseys/Guido's that covers tips and taxes for dinner.

Not a bad deal. Not sure what to expect hotel wise, but we are on the sea wall.

I can post a review somewhere when we get back.

Cheers!

We stayed at the LaQuinta in LaPorte Oct 25 & 26. It was fine, we don't have a lot of experience with hotels but it served our purpose. The free breakfast was nice I thought, they had a waffle station, pastry, cereal, milk, juice, coffee and fruit. There was a Wal Mart not too far away and several eating places. There's a Jack in the Box, Burger King, Subway just across the hwy we walked to Subway on Sunday evening, there's a seafood & steak restaurant right in the parking lot. Sylvan Beach is at the end of Fairmont Parkway when you turn right out of the parking lot onto Fairmont it was a nice place, my sons & brother in law went fishing there on Sunday morning and we saw the Conquest.

I really liked the convenience of the hotel, it was very easy to get on and off 146. The people were real nice.

The only negative thing about the hotel was I had requested a microwave and refrigerator in the room and a smoking room. When we checked in we had been assigned a non smoking room, but the desk clerk gave me an ashtray and said we could smoke in the room, and our room didn't have the microwave and refrigerator. Also my son who brought his laptop said the internet connection was slow.

I would stay at this hotel again.

Sharon

Archived