Ben & Jerry's Sweet - Cow Butt Cabin Video

TravlGrl

Great video, I wondering everyone leave a cow thing that stays in the cow room. A alarm clock, has to been left by someone.

I really don't know, but good question. I just figured RCCL furnished the room with those little knick knacks, but you're right. It seems like it could be something that others may have left.

I always have some sort of surprise for him on each cruise, whether it is a special balcony breakfast on Christmas morning, extra long special bonus balcony, bridge tours... whatever I can do to suprise him, I do. :) He works so hard and he knows I love planning this stuff - it is FUN.

My husband and I shot a short video tour of our Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" aboard Freedom of the Seas last week and wanted to share it with anyone interested in this cabin. We highly recommend this cabin!

What a great video!!! Entertaining and informative. :D

I have a few questions. I think it would be fun to book this room as I love Ben & Jerry's and am talking my husband into it. The fact that your video showed that you can still see the promenade will help in convincing him. :o The concerns he has is it looks like there is an exit door that leads to the promenade right next to the cabin. Is this an elevator or walkway that everyone can use, employees of the ship or parade performers? How much noise do you hear from that side? Or for that matter did you hear much noise at all? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for the help.

I also read your post about an underwater digital camera but it came too late for us. Husband saw the Olympus underwater camera and had to have that for our upcoming cruise on the Mariner. He said "They had me at underwater" . . . such a sucker. :p

Glad you liked the video! ;) To answer your questions, yes, there is a walkway to the right of the cabin (as you face out to the promenade). We didn't hear a peep out of anyone opening that door to the walkway. The walkway was used as a platform for the camera and other equipment during the 2 parades that take place on the ship. The stage itself is literally 10-15 feet to the right of the cabin, so that camera platform was placed adjacent to us and also adjacent to the cabin directly across from us on the promenade.

There were two other times when I saw the ship's crew either coming or going from that platform area, but I didn't hear them. I only saw them if I happened to be in the hallway while that door was opened. I took a late afternoon nap almost every day and was never awakened by any noise.

People talk about the Deck 6 Promenade Cabins being loud, but it depends on where you are. The Ben & Jerry's Sweet at Cabin 6305 is not loud. I had "heard" that the loud cabins are the ones located directly above the pub. We were located obviously directly above the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream shop and across from Seattle's Best Coffee, at midship. The ONLY time I heard sounds out on the promenade were when the parades were taking place.

Regarding the obstructed view, it really is only partially obstructed. I mean, if you want to sit at the window and people watch all day, it's do-able, but you really can't start to see a lot of people until you stand up. I found it helpful to look out my window to see the line at Seattle's Best Coffee each morning before I ventured down there, or simply to just sit in the window and watch the performers on the stage.

Just remember though, no matter which promenade cabin you choose, to be cognizant of closing your drapes if you don't plan to be fully clothed. A gentleman across the way from us flashed the whole birthday suit for a long time while he watched television. I finally just had to close MY drapes from tiring of the view. :eek::p:o

Any other questions? Ask away!:D

The Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" is only on RCCL's Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, and Independence of the Seas. It is cabin #6305 on each ship. When you book your cruise on one of those ships, book that specific cabin and you're GOLDEN!

• 1 year later...
Very much considering booking this room for November on Freedom. Just have to convince the wife. We'll see. I like the ice cream.

Anyone know since it is a "sweet" do you get 2 cruise credits?

Unfortunately, no. You'll only receive one cruise credit. It's still worth the other benefits though!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
My husband and I shot a short video tour of our Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" aboard Freedom of the Seas last week and wanted to share it with anyone interested in this cabin. We highly recommend this cabin!

Thanks a lot for the video. Friends are planning a cruise next year and I read about this in my online searching. I'm going to call the TA tomorrow and check on availability!:)

• 1 year later...

TravlGrl. Sorry this is an old thread, I don't know how to send a private message. My wife and I booked this cabin on an upcoming cruise. I had a question I can't seem to find an answer to. I was hoping you would know. Does the Ben & Jerry's "sweet" suite include access to barefoot beach on Labadee? I know the concierge club access is included, which is exclusive to suite guests. Admission to barefoot beach would be really cool to have in addition.

TravlGrl. Sorry this is an old thread, I don't know how to send a private message. My wife and I booked this cabin on an upcoming cruise. I had a question I can't seem to find an answer to. I was hoping you would know. Does the Ben & Jerry's "sweet" suite include access to barefoot beach on Labadee? I know the concierge club access is included, which is exclusive to suite guests. Admission to barefoot beach would be really cool to have in addition.

Gosh, I really don't know. Barefoot Beach is a fairly new enhancement to Labadee and wasn't created yet when we were on Labadee. My recommendation is to post your question to the general RCCL board and perhaps someone there would know. So sorry I couldn't help with this question, but enjoy your cruise and your "sweet"! :)

Hey TravelGirl....Just noticed your posting tonight. Same person the wrote to you on FB with your picture posted from EDEN HOUSE....hello again!

Archived