cruising solo

bigbigbear28

Hi ccers,

My brother has got caught up in the excitment of my upcoming cruise and wants to take a cruise solo. He has picked the crusie he wants w929 for october next year and i just wanted to ask all you fabulous knowledgable people how can he find the best price he knows that it will be more expensive to go solo but thats what he wants. He has been quoted approx $3500 for a t grade cabin from p & o can anyone help him out with finding an even better price? I know you can't mention names here but maybe you can email me bigbigbear28 at yahoo dot com dot au. Not even sure if i can do that.

Thanks heaps

Hey bigbigbear

From what I've read on here, no one can name any t/a's so the best thing to do is to search online, just type the cruise name/code into a search engine (eg google) and see what you find. There are heaps of online t/a's and of course always try your own local t/a they can be a surprise.:rolleyes:

Good luck

jingles

He may also be better off waiting until closer.

Our t grade cabins were under $1000 each so it would be cheaper for him to pay for a friend. I would volunteer but hubby may not like me sharing with a strange man.

This was for a cruise during school holidays (we leave on Friday) and we booked and paid for it about 6 weeks before.

You cannot usually get a t grade cabin for one though at that price.

Hi ccers,

My brother has got caught up in the excitment of my upcoming cruise and wants to take a cruise solo. He has picked the crusie he wants w929 for october next year and i just wanted to ask all you fabulous knowledgable people how can he find the best price he knows that it will be more expensive to go solo but thats what he wants. He has been quoted approx $3500 for a t grade cabin from p & o can anyone help him out with finding an even better price? I know you can't mention names here but maybe you can email me bigbigbear28 at yahoo dot com dot au. Not even sure if i can do that.

Thanks heaps

Yes, it is OK to request people to send you T/A info by email.

It is not OK to post T/A info, or to reply with "email me for info".

There is a problem that single cruisers face a form of discrimination. When a special is offered, it usually excudes singles. Instead of being able to book for 160% of the special price, they are still paying 160% of full price. Result is that a couple can cruise on a special cheaper overall than a single.

It will often work out cheaper to book a special and offer a free cruise to a friend instead of going solo.

Thanks for that guys. He just wants to go solo afew people have wanted to go with him but he refused he just wants a relaxing holiday on his own.

It's a pity he's not going on my cruise. We could have split the cost of the cabin and he then could have had it all to himself. We booked a t-grade for hubby but plan on leaving the cabin empty unless P&O upgrade his cabin next to ours on Dolphin Deck.

Another thought. What if he booked a cabin with a fake friend to get the t-grade twin special which is usually cheaper than a single fare and then that friend didn't turn up for the cruise :confused: .

Another thought. What if he booked a cabin with a fake friend to get the t-grade twin special which is usually cheaper than a single fare and then that friend didn't turn up for the cruise :confused: .

Nah, they have that base covered too - to the extreme of charging back the original solo fare or preventing the single occupant from boarding.

Archived