Ash on AFT balcony

RCDR

Anyone know if i will experience black ash from the smoke stacks on SB 7142? Its a port cornor DVS...

We were on the NCL Jewel last month and our suite, which was on AFT port, had so much ash on the cushions that they had to lay a towel over it so we can sit:p

We had the same problem on Explorer of the seas about two years ago. The cabin steward left a clean pile of towels in our suite (RFS) every day just for that purpose. You had to wear shoes and take them off everytime you came inside!

Anyone know if i will experience black ash from the smoke stacks on SB 7142? Its a port cornor DVS...

We were on the NCL Jewel last month and our suite, which was on AFT port, had so much ash on the cushions that they had to lay a towel over it so we can sit:p

You might get a bit but the view is worth it. We were in a VA on the stern of the Noordam in February...and will be again for a b2b this winter. So I guess it couldn't have been that bad! ;)

That is my suite of choice and I have never really noticed enough for it to be a concern. Actually....I have hardly noticed it at all. The one complaint I had was the washing of the aft pool deck above. It usually happens at about 7pm and 5-6am....the water doesn't just drip down....they broom it all to the edge so that it all comes pouring down with little or no notice. Made having dinner on the balcony impossible.

There have been numerous reports of a "black sooty buildup" on the aft balconies.

My experience is that it is not bad. As a precautionary measure, put a towel on your chair before you sit... how hard or inconvenient is that? The view and sound of the wake is unmatched. I will book an aft cabin whenever I am lucky enough to get one.

Diane

There have been numerous reports of a "black sooty buildup" on the aft balconies.

Must be by folks who view the glass half empty. We were in a stateroom on the stern, and noticed a few flecks of soot on the floor some mornings, but not a "black sooty buildup!"

If this is bothersome, then a stateroom on either the port or starboard side would be a better choice, I guess.

Me? I'm sticking with a stateroom on the stern whenever I can get one!

Archived