Looking For Tour Of Nyc

welove2cruisedou

Hello,

I am going to NYC for a one day bus trip. Does anyone know of any good tours to do for the day? Any tour companies that are worth while. I live in NYS and my sister has never been to NYC so we want to have a fun girls day in NY. I have only been to Times Square and the Javits Center for a hair show and took a Carnival Cruise outta Manhattan. So really don't know what there is for tours. Want to get the most out of our day in NYC. Any trolley tours or any tours where you can get on and off a trolley would be good. Want to take her to Planet Hollywood or some place like that for lunch? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Actually it is bigapplegreeter.org Sorry. You put in your information and they arrange a private guide who take you all over the areas you want to see. It was very nice. They refuse any tips, and the service is free.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

as a cruiser-you may want to take the Staten Island Ferry-cheap and it gives you time on the water. You go past the Statue of Liberty (though not close enough if that is something you really want to see) and you just jump on a return trip on the same ferry back across.

We have done ferrys at various ports on cruises-have found it a great way to see the port from a different angle and for very little cost

• 1 month later...
Actually it is bigapplegreeter.org Sorry. You put in your information and they arrange a private guide who take you all over the areas you want to see. It was very nice. They refuse any tips, and the service is free.

Gary

Wow, how on earth can they do that for free? No gimmicks?

Hello,

I am going to NYC for a one day bus trip. Does anyone know of any good tours to do for the day? Any tour companies that are worth while. I live in NYS and my sister has never been to NYC so we want to have a fun girls day in NY. I have only been to Times Square and the Javits Center for a hair show and took a Carnival Cruise outta Manhattan. So really don't know what there is for tours. Want to get the most out of our day in NYC. Any trolley tours or any tours where you can get on and off a trolley would be good. Want to take her to Planet Hollywood or some place like that for lunch? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Sounds like you need a HOHO (Hop on Hop off) bus tour. Try www.city-sightseeing.com and find the NY page. Alternatively try www.viator.com They have quite a variety for NYC.

• 1 month later...

When are you coming. Depending on the date I would be more than happy to take you where you want. A few things about New York you need to decide what you want to see. There is soooooooo much and 1 day is really short. Do you want to visit a museum. If so What kind of art do you like Classical, Modern, Natural History type, New and Edgy work. There is also site seeing architecture type things. Times Square, Empire State Building, Grand Central Station, Rocafella Center, St Patricks Cathidral, 5th ave shopping, Toy Stores (FAO Schwarts and Toys R Us Times Square w/ Ferris Wheel inside). I also always reccomend the Staten Island Ferry since it is free and does provide a great view of Downtown Manhatten and the Statue of liberty for FREE. There is also the World Trade center (I'm not a fan but people like to visit to see the hole and construction.) There is also great shopping in times square for suvanears People SWAIR by Century 21 for shopping but I think 6th ave has better shopping with Fileans Basement, TJ MAX, and burlington Coat Factory. If you head one block west you get a Lomens and one block east is Daffy's. There is also union square that has a lot of "Political stuff" its our Stand on a box and tell us what you want to polticaly, They also have a farmers market. A lot of people like to walk across the brooklyn bridge. The subway system is VERY COOL and I recomend using it over the hop on hop off buses.

When Making recomondations regarding NYC I always ask, Where are you from, What do you like, and When are you comming (weather). If you are from a big city my recomondations would be different than if you are from a small town in Vermont.

For those of you discussing bigapplegreeters.org its an all volenteer orginization for New Yorkers that LOVE New York. You tell them what neighborhoods you "Specilize in" and your interests and they match you up with people visiting.

Contrary to popular belief New Yorkers are pretty friendly if you can get past the quick answers and fast talking. We are always in a hurry (even when we are not) but we will always stop to give directions and point the way.

Archived