Monarch of the Seas dining options?

taliacamp

Hello, we are thinking about taking a 3 day cruise out of port canaveral in May 09 on the Monarch of the Seas. We have not cruised on Royal before but have cruised on Princess and they have anytime dining. We loved the fact that we could dine in the dining room at anytime we wanted and get a private table for two. Does Royal offer anything like this?

Also are there balconies on this ship? It wasn't an option for the 3 night in May but I thought I read somewhere that it had balconies. If I can only get a window, what is the best deck?

Thanks for any help!!:confused:

The standard OV cabins on Monarch are all the same size (SMALL) but by booking one on Deck 4 or higher you get a picture window rather than the small port hole for the decks 2 and 3 cabins. The picture window make a huge difference IMHO in that it lets in much more light and makes the cabin feel a bit larger.

I would not book an OV on deck 7 as the promenade deck is right outside the window and you'll have to keep the drapes closed to keep people from looking in.

If you don't mind an obstructed view, the Cat. I cabins on deck 8 are really a good deal as that's the lowest category OV and prices are usually great.

I usually stay in a Cat. SO which are quite a bit larger than the standard OV and the prices are usually very good given the amount of extra room you get in these cabins.

As others have posted, in order to get a balcony you need to book a JS or higher, but to me it's not worth the extra $$ for the balcony- especially on a 3 or 4 night cruise.

As others have posted, in order to get a balcony you need to book a JS or higher, but to me it's not worth the extra $$ for the balcony- especially on a 3 or 4 night cruise.

That's what I was thinking.....Thanks for all your info! I was considering deck 8 too!

That's what I was thinking.....Thanks for all your info! I was considering deck 8 too!

We booked a deck 8 obstucted OV for our Monarch cruise in March... GREAT DEAL!!!! It was actually less than an inside... I agree about the extra $$ for a 3/4 night cruise... just not worth it to me either...

Archived