Help! Weather cruising the Gulf in November

golfergal

I am in charge of pulling together a long weekend for a bunch of friends. We were planning to take a 3 or 4 night from MIA/FLL either 11/14 or 11/20. The trip is all about sun, relaxing, partying and well sun again. We are not in love with these options, but they fit the requirements.

Well, doing some pricing research I accidently click on a cruise from New Orleans and I thought AHA! Most of us have never been to NO and how cool would it be to spend a couple days there instead of Miami or FLL where we all have been numerous times.

But my concern is the weather on the 2 sea days. We're looking at 11/6 or 11/20. If the days at sea should be warm enough for the pool (I understand our mileage my vary), we'd be good. My group will forgive me if we get unseasonably cold weather. But if we find out that we should expect 60's for those two days at sea, they won't forgive me. And in that case we should go back to our plan of cruising out of Miami or FLL as typical weather is around 80.

If it were a longer trip, I wouldn't worry at all. But with only 3 full days on the cruise, I need to make sure I've got a fighting chance for sunning by the pool.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the responses! I'm not worried about New Orleans being chillier for the two or so days we are there. I think that cold is worth the trade-off of visiting New Orleans over just hanging out at a pool in Miami. But that first full day our groups is going to expecting significant tanning time.

I'm gathering that we "should" be OK the first afternoon and the last morning. The other halves of those days are questionable. I guess we also need to focus on 11/6 as 2 weeks could make a big difference.

Thanks again

Nov is a GREAT time of the year to visit New Orleans! (and for the record, yes, it can be hit or miss but I remember many Novembers where we were wearing shorts for thanksgiving day...)

We're cruising out of NOLA Dec. 8th and I understand that the ports should be warm and great for snorkling, etc!

I say GO! And I recommend the nightly walking ghost tour of the French Quarter. It is interesting and historical at the same time (and I think it is pretty cheap too)...

Archived