Snorkeling from the beach?/Taxi's

peggy1

Are there any good beaches that you could recommend where you could snorkel right from the beach? The reef snorkel trip sounds great but my husband has had both knees replaced and the ladders getting back into the boat can be a problem. How is the taxi situation in Belize? Do they have posted rates? Thanks for the help!

Dear Peggy1,

Goff's Caye offers the best beach in Belize and is still a great snorkeling site for coral formations and marine life. Also, you can snorkel off the beach! Last month I signed up with "Belize Rays", a Tour Operator offering a snorkeling tour to Goff's Caye. It was a great experience. They took us out on a beautiful executive catamaran equipped with a cash drinks bar, music, toilet facilities, [i][b]not the portables some operators offer[/b][/i] :eek: and fresh water showers. The ride on the catamaran was comfortable and exciting. I signed up with them at the Tourism Village dock for only US$40. The guides and the crew were friendly and professional. I strongly recommend you look this Company up.

There are no beaches at Belize City, nor anywhere near enough to take a taxi. The only close beach has been talked about a lot on this board. It is called Coral Sands and is a new resort on a nearby caye. Scroll this board down and you will find information on it.

Archived