Valor - Supper Club

Chloebags

We are off on our first cruise next Sunday (12th Oct), and I was thinking about surprising my oh on night to the supper club.

And I am wondering is it worth the extra money, and is it worth while generally.

We both love our food and like to try different things so that is not a problem.

TIA

We loved the "experience" - it was a total dining package. From the moment you walked into the restaurant, to the servers, the presentation of the meats, the between meal surprises "complements of the chef", to the lovely music provided by a wonderful duet, to the lighting, ... oh.... and to the food!

Overall, it was probably the most enjoyable dining experience we ever had.

I would at least try it once!

Catrin

The Valor supper club, Scarlett's, is definitely worth it. Don't eat a big lunch the day you go to the supper club. The portions are huge, the service is incredible, and the atmosphere is very romantic. I live in Chicago and do a decent amount of business travel, so I've eaten at many of the country's top steakhouses. The supper club is right on par with these restaurants for about 1/3 the price!

You can use this link to make your reservation ahead of time. You will get a note in your cabin confirming your reservation.

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=28

I am sooooooo looking forward to trying Scarletts on my next cruise (in 2010:( ). We skipped the supper club on our 2nd cruise and regretted it. The next 2 cruises did not have a supper club. So I made sure the next one did. . Have a great cruise and come back and tell us all about it..

Word of advice, if you book online, check the day you get onboard to make sure they have it. They didn't have my reservation or someone else's in my group. My ressie was for Tuesday, so by Monday when I checked, the only times left were 9:00. It was very late but sooooo worth it. The food was delicious.

I am sooooooo looking forward to trying Scarletts on my next cruise (in 2010:( ). We skipped the supper club on our 2nd cruise and regretted it. The next 2 cruises did not have a supper club. So I made sure the next one did. . Have a great cruise and come back and tell us all about it..

I agree. We always go and confirm our reservations the first day aboard. The supper club is definitely worth the money.

Absolutely do the supper club if you're at all foodies, it's awesome!!! There is not anywhere you can get the quality of food and ambience that you get on the ship for 30.00 each anywhere!!!! We usually try and schedule twice while we're on our cruises. You'll adore it.

Happy sailing, Carole

From what I gather, on the Western trip the formal nights are Mon and Thurs.

On the Western cruise, can any of you think of what nights the food in the dining room was less than exciting so we could decide which night to go? Do they do a discount on the first night (I think HAL does this)?

Just trying to see if anyone remembers the menus from their trip. Like which night is Jerky night or such (to each his own, of course).

Try and remember, guys!:D

Absolutely one of the best meals we have ever had. Food was superb, service was stellar and atmosphere was terrific. I actually won the dinner in the supper club during a raffle. I would not hesitate to pay for the evening. So worth it.

Cindi ;)

I am trying to decide if we should go to Scarlett's. Part of me says yes and the other part says "save the money for drinks". I have heard good and bad.

We are on the Valor Oct 19th. I think formal nights are Monday (Nassau) and Friday (Sea day).

I have to make a decision quick. Hi Cholebags!!!!!!! See you soon!

DH and I wanted to go when we were on the Valor.... but when we looked at the dining room menu on the TV every day.... there was always something we liked... so we never got round to it!!

Still, one day.....:rolleyes:

I was recently on the Valor and we went to Scarlett's. I had been on the Valor once before and anytime I'm on a ship with a Supper Club, I try it. I traveled with 3 newbies, who had never cruised before. All 4 of us went to Scarlett's and Man did we LOVE IT!!! Its definately worth the $30 pp fee that they charge.

Its like a 6-star dining experiece and boy will you be full when you leave there. The food and service were both outstanding!!

Archived