Medication Questions

mzcyberella

My dad was stopped at Customs and at the airport when they did a search of his bag at security and he had his pills in one of those days of the week holders and he takes 23 pills a day for all his ailments. It was a real pain for him to be quesitoned about all his meds. You really, really do need to keep them in the original containers just to avoid the hassle. Plus, did you know that some medications shouldn't be stored with other meds in the same holder? My physician told me this a few weeks ago. Mixing meds together can hurt the efficacy of the pills.

Please, bring the bottles. I have a lot of meds, some even require refridgration. You do not want to have to try and buy them somewhere else. Some meds are not available in the US or the Carb. Also, they may not refill your meds without their doctor looking at you first and retesting to see if you need the med. i bring all mymeds on board the plane. I was stopped once only and asked about a bottle of Vitimins I had (the seal went missing so they spilt). They kept them (One-a-day sort of thing).

I also agree that if you put meds in those 7 day holders you could be in for trouble. Some capsuls will destroy other pills or separate. If you have or use the nitro cap, do not put it with anything else.

Not only should you bring the meds in their original (or pharmacy dispensed) bottles, you should also have a written copy of the prescription, especially if any of the drugs are controlled substances (sleeping pills, pain pills, anxiety meds, etc. ).

Where are you going? I went to Alaska and came back through Canada. I have those big round multi bin pill containers. Thats all I took. They are really interested in the restricted drugs. Not your average arthritis or stomach ulcer medicne.

My husband takes a generic medication we buy it overseas, (at a 90% savings;) ) does he need to have a script written for the generic? I had planned to leave the pills in their origional package (foil backed) but it doesn't have his name on the package. Will a recently dated script be enough? or should we get a letter from the dr as well?:confused:

Archived