Info On Rci Kids Club For 3 Yr Old

skill&ace

Hello everyone,

please can anyone give me some extra info on the kids program - we are sailing on brilliance in november - I have recently read that the councellors are not allowed to help the children in any way if they need to use the toilet which I was a bit surprised by my son is 3 & has been nappy free day & night for almost a year but naturally he has the occasional accident particularly when excited or distracted he is only 3 after all. Are there any other little surprises I can expect from the kids club???????

Also does anyone know if the library has books available for young children?

Any parents with children my sons age who are on brilliance 12 nt med cruise 13th november - would be nice to hear from you!

That's right--on RCI, kids have to be 100% toilet-trained if they are going to use the club. You can always have him go to the club and try it--the worst that will happen is he'll have an "accident", and they will call you to come get him. Of course, he won't be able to go back, should that happen!

It's not really a rule that only RCCL has, Disney has the same rule. The child must be 100% potty independent. They have a 3 strikes policy and give a strike for each accident. You will be paged if it occurs. He will not be kicked out after the first accident but will be given a strike and 2 more chances.

At our schools here, the teacher isn't even allowed to walk into the bathroom while the children are in there...they wait outside. The kids have to be completly potty trained and that means wearing clothes that are easily pulled up, no hard buttons or snaps. (The schools in our area start at Age 3, so I know how hard it is for parents to get their kids ready to start school on time...some can't go because they aren't trained yet :( )

Pretty much RCCL (and Celebrity and Disney) have the same rules as our schools...the child must be self sufficient.

There are children's books in the library, at least there were on the ships we have been on.

Many of the kids club pages are at the link in my signature. You can check out the activities for that age group.

Thanks for your replies all!

I am confident he will be fine - but accidents do happen - he will definately have more than one chance Michelle?

Yep. He will. CBSea is mistaken in her post above.

It is a 3 strike policy. Belive me, we complain about it around here all the time. ;) :D

Hi I'm interested in this thread too as my DS is 3 and will be going into AO next week on Navigator. He's been fully potty trained day and night for 9 months now but I could never absolutely guarantee hand on heart that he would never have an accident. He last had one during the day about 3 months ago. He went in NCL Kids Crew in April with no accidents and no worries. I am now getting het up over nothing!

I am worried a little though that he has a cough at present, he is absolutely NOT sick and I wouldn't take him to the dr but he is coughing occasionally and it sounds a bit rough. I am bothered that the kids club will send him out with that for an excuse. Should I try to get a dr's certificate to say that he is fine just in case? Or would the ship's dr have to ok him? How strict are they on this sort of thing?

Just another thought on the potty training issue, I suspect that the British lines who provide kids clubs will be a bit more relaxed on this issue, I have never tried them but in the UK kids go to nurseries/kindergartens/

Preschools still in nappies so I guess their staff and policies may be different. Might be worth a try for those with slightly younger or less ready kids.

Just another thought on the potty training issue, I suspect that the British lines who provide kids clubs will be a bit more relaxed on this issue, I have never tried them but in the UK kids go to nurseries/kindergartens/

Preschools still in nappies so I guess their staff and policies may be different. Might be worth a try for those with slightly younger or less ready kids.

Both Princess and Carnival allow diapers - Carnival will even change them for you. I think NCL allows them as well. I've been dying to try the wonderful RCCL ships, but can't book one until I know my little hold-out is trained, so we stick with Princess until our options open :rolleyes:

Best,

Mia

Both Princess and Carnival allow diapers - Carnival will even change them for you. I think NCL allows them as well. I've been dying to try the wonderful RCCL ships' date=' but can't book one until I know my little hold-out is trained, so we stick with Princess until our options open :rolleyes:

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Yep, Princess, Carnival and NCL all allow kids in diapers. :)

And isn't it Cunard that does as well? Don't they have British Nannies or something?

We sailed almost 2 years ago on the Mariner. We have 4 kids, our youngest, not quite 3 at the time was JUST potty trained. They let her stay at "camp" with the 3 year old program. She completely loved it! As did our other kids (5,7&9 at the time).

We were given a pager and if any accident happened they said they would page us. Thankfully, it didn't, but they were very easy about it. You have to sign up early if you want a pager. They only have a limited supply, it is first come, first serve. If there are a lot of kids on the ship, get there early on the first night.

Another tip, don't be afraid to ask for something that is not on the menu for your kids. We have picky eaters. Our waiter, was so wonderful. He served our youngest fruit loops (cereal) almost every night with our salad/soup. She thought she was the queen of the ship. Our son, would only eat Hamburgers. Many of the nights they made it special for him. It was great that the rest of us could eat off the menu in the dining room and our picky eaters could still be served something that would fill them up.

Happy Cruising!

Archived