Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

We did the bar hop in March. HIGHLY recommended.

You get to see a totally different aspect of the island. Beautiful and lots of fun.

The guide was great (We had Greg, the other guide also gets good reviews) - interesting, helpful and mentioning his name helped us get seats at one of the bars. (Because of high winds, small craft were not allowed out, so those planning on doing snorkeling etc were looking for alternatives - and some made it to the wild side of the island)

If you've been to the port before (Yes, Tulum was great - but once was enough) - this is a great way to escape the loud tourist crowds and experience the wonderful wild side of the island.

Hi to those who have done the Cozumel Bar Hop.

I understand most, if not all, of these beach bars on the East side are quite rustic and may not have electricity even.

I am not a beer drinker so I was wondering who had margaritas or other drinks (with ice)

and how you fared.

If it's just a beer and tequila shot kind of excursion I will bring something different for myself.

Tom likes to have 6 people mininum for a hop. We originally had 4 and I offered to pay for 2 more. He told me he would do it with 4 but luckly we had 2 more sign up. The more that sign up the larger the vehcile they use.

Not to worry about the drinks and food. It's not just brews and shooters. At each stop the " shot " they serve is a drink served at that bar that is somewhat their speciality. If you like it you can order more or not or something else or nothing at all.

The food and ice is brought in fresh every day. At Rasta's you should try the coconut shrimp, fish tacos and shrimp civiche. Just save some for me.

:D

Hi jty1220: Food is available at each stop, they ask that you order as soon as you arrive, to make sure the kitchen has time to prepare. Drinks of every kind available at each stop. The prices tend to get lower at each stop. And yes the coconut shrimp mat rastas was just what i needed!!! Will definitely be back!!! Tom is great, wish i was on the hop as i write.

about three blocks when you take a left off the pier. Been on ten cruises, this is the best time if you like to have a few. takes you to the easy going side of cozumel. when we returned top the ship last time we were feeling quite well.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from Cozumel & went on the bar hop on Cinco de Mayo. It was really fun & educational! We had Greg for our guide & he's great; he's lived on Cozumel for a while so you can really learn a lot from him. This is the best way I can think of to see the east coast, especially if you want to have any drinks.

O.M.G.!Our hop was on Apr.11,2011.We thought we were going with our group of 7 ages 40 to 72 from the Carnival Freedom.When we met at the 7-11,there was another group of 6 25 yr.olds joining us from the Liberty.When our crazies and their crazies met, insanity set in.All bought beers and a cooler for the van ride to the first bar.Maria was our tour guide,and she was awesome,along with our driver. My husband and my cousin's husband turned into bigger maniacs than they are in normal life, and the younger group from the other ship wanted to stowaway on the Feedom to continue the good times with them.The ride back to the port was over the top! Loud dance music and yelling,screaming,and dancing that turned our tour van into a moving disco. As the only sober person there (due to a liver transplant last year) I loved that I had just as much fun watching these crazy hyenas! A lot of money was spent at these bars,but,it was worth it to see so many people have a memorable experience.I got many kudos from everyone for finding and booking this awesome excursion. Best Time Ever! By the way,set aside tip money for Maria and Carlos.They were the best!

We went on the Bar hop last friday May 6th and it was amazing. We had such a good time we want to go back and do it again. Greg was our Guide and he was awesome, very informative about the island and knew everyone. Each bar was so different but so unique in its own way. We loved every minute of it.

We went on this tour last week. Maria was our guide and was fantastic. The great thing about this tour is it can be as crazy as you want, or as relaxed as you want. Many of the bar stops are on the beach, so our group grabbed a cocktail and sat near the water. Great views...Great tour. This was one of the highlights of our cruise.

Am looking at the website for the bar hop. Looks like the tours start at 10 am. We will be on the inspiration in July and we will be in Cozumel from 11-8 (ship time) so of course that means 10-7 cozumel time.

Does anyone think it would be possible to book this or the timing just not going to work?? :confused:

Am looking at the website for the bar hop. Looks like the tours start at 10 am. We will be on the inspiration in July and we will be in Cozumel from 11-8 (ship time) so of course that means 10-7 cozumel time.

Does anyone think it would be possible to book this or the timing just not going to work?? :confused:

You can also find a cab or a van to rent for the day. This works great if you have 4-6 people. The bar hop probably costs about $49 pp but you can rent a van for the day for something in the neighborhood of $125. There are many beach bar places to stop along the way.

Mike

What you see on their website is not something written in stone. Send Tom an e-mail and see what he can do.

We did the bar hop last year off the Inspiration and we had no problems. Will be doing it again next week on June 2nd off the Inspiration. I am sure they will work with the ship schedule. Can't wait!

Just send Tom an email and ask...I am sure they work with this issue every week...since ships usually arrive at different times...

You can also find a cab or a van to rent for the day. This works great if you have 4-6 people. The bar hop probably costs about $49 pp but you can rent a van for the day for something in the neighborhood of $125. There are many beach bar places to stop along the way.

Mike

A private VAN (with driver) will be $195 for 3 hours.

A private taxi (CAR) with driver will be $95 for 3 hours for up to 4 people.

of course this does not come with the free shots!!! woo hoo

• 3 weeks later...
A private VAN (with driver) will be $195 for 3 hours.

A private taxi (CAR) with driver will be $95 for 3 hours for up to 4 people.

of course this does not come with the free shots!!! woo hoo

Do I just approach a taxi cab (car) and let the driver know what I want to do and agree on a price or is the $95 set?

Do I just approach a taxi cab (car) and let the driver know what I want to do and agree on a price or is the $95 set?

No, the prices I am quoting is from a tour company that you make a reservation with...so that they are waiting for you.

Just read the some of the last posts of "hiring a driver for a day" for the contact information.

• 3 weeks later...

We did this July 1, what a blast!!! Maria was our guide and did a fantastic job. We ate at the 3rd bar, the food was very good and price was cheap. I would recommend this to anyone. Oh, and one or two got a little wasted, LOL!!!

We did the Cozumel Bar Hop last Monday 6/27. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't cooperative and,at times,the rain was torrential! Didn't dampen our good time though! There was 4 in our group plus about 8 others... I think we all had a fun time. Maria,our tour guide,and Carlitos,our bus driver, were awesome!

Hoping to go back to Cozumel next year and will definitely go hopping again!

:p Cruisin in 3 days... cant wait and we are booked for Cozumel bar hop and cant wait... I will try to take pics and post them when I get back... ........

Yes, let us know how it goes! I'm still torn as to whether or not to book this for our cruise at the end of the month!

Archived