Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

Just back from our cruise and wanted to say the Bar Hop was very fun. The guides (Gregg and Colleene) were informative and helpfull.

The "free" bar shots were pretty tasty.

The margaritas were strong, but good.

Coconut shrimp was awesome (and I'm not a huge coconut fan either).

The scenery was INCREDIBLE!

And I imagine there are a few that go "overboard" on every bar hop, and that is just extra entertainment for free :D:D:D.

Enjoy this tour and your cruises all!

Just back from our cruise and wanted to say the Bar Hop was very fun. The guides (Gregg and Colleene) were informative and helpfull.

The "free" bar shots were pretty tasty.

The margaritas were strong, but good.

Coconut shrimp was awesome (and I'm not a huge coconut fan either).

The scenery was INCREDIBLE!

And I imagine there are a few that go "overboard" on every bar hop, and that is just extra entertainment for free :D:D:D.

Enjoy this tour and your cruises all!

Thanks for the feedback....sounds like you had a great time CRIUSERBOOZER!!! Yesterday we received an email that we met the minimum number of people needed for Feb 23rd...woo hoo!! I can't wait to see the island and enjoy the margaritas!

I am getting ready to go on my 4th hop next week on the 8th. Have not been in a whole year! Glad to see all the positive reviews still. It really hard to go wrong with this tour. With its awesome hosts and the views on the east side of Cozumel are amazing. And oh yea the shots aren't so bad either. We have had the coonut shrimp as well as the shrimp tacos(my fav) and the fajitas at Rastas!! Might try something new this time. Can't wait

I can't wait for my turn in this tour in two weeks! How far in advance did they give you the info on time and place to meet them for the tour?

This tour is the BEST! I've posted pictures before, but they don't do some of the views much justice. So nice to get away from the touristy side and see some of the beauty and wonders of the other side of the island. Heather...you are going to have a FANTASTIC time on this tour!!!

2087140970097987311S425x425Q85.jpg

RazorbackBelle08Will the Hop take up all day or will we be able to get some beach/shopping time in?

The tour usually last about 5 hours...There is some shops along the way on the East side that we have gotten some really cool things from. I wouldnt try to plan anymore beach time with this tour.. but you wont be dissapointed in this tour at all...You can sunbathe at some of the stops along the way.

Along the way to the bars, do you get to see residential areas, town, other parts of the island? Does the driver or other give you info on the island as you drive along, & pointing out sites? Guess I'm trying to figure out if you get kind of a island tour along with the bar hopping.

I am getting ready to go on my 4th hop next week on the 8th. Have not been in a whole year! Glad to see all the positive reviews still. It really hard to go wrong with this tour. With its awesome hosts and the views on the east side of Cozumel are amazing. And oh yea the shots aren't so bad either. We have had the coonut shrimp as well as the shrimp tacos(my fav) and the fajitas at Rastas!! Might try something new this time. Can't wait

Which bar offers the best coconut shrimp or do they all? I can't wait!!

I can't wait for my turn in this tour in two weeks! How far in advance did they give you the info on time and place to meet them for the tour?

By the middle of the week before you will be there has been our experience. Tom will want you to reply to his email to confirm you received it.

Along the way to the bars, do you get to see residential areas, town, other parts of the island?

Yes, you will go through parts of town, by some residential areas, and "circle" the island on the hop. Depending on where your "meet up" location is, you will see some parts of town on your way there from the ship.

Does the driver or other give you info on the island as you drive along, & pointing out sites?

Yes, the bar hop guide will give you information and point out things, and you can ask questions.

Guess I'm trying to figure out if you get kind of a island tour along with the bar hopping.

Hope that helps.

By the middle of the week before you will be there has been our experience. Tom will want you to reply to his email to confirm you received it.

Hmmm, I wonder if he would send a text message as I will be leaving my laptop at home when I leave Newfoundland for Miami on March 29 and my bar hop isn't until April 4th. I will have to email him to check this out...

We booked the Bus Bar Hop Tour today. This showed up on the calendar on the website, however does it guarantee that it will take place that day? We will be leaving our home state to drive to our destination to spend time with family prior to the cruise. How do I know it is a go? No Lap Top and no cell with internet, (yet)..:eek: Would hate to be caught out at the last minute with a plan for Cozumel. Not that we couldn't find something else to do. It's Cozumel. :p

Thanks for any advice.

We booked the Bus Bar Hop Tour today. This showed up on the calendar on the website, however does it guarantee that it will take place that day? We will be leaving our home state to drive to our destination to spend time with family prior to the cruise. How do I know it is a go? No Lap Top and no cell with internet, (yet)..:eek: Would hate to be caught out at the last minute with a plan for Cozumel. Not that we couldn't find something else to do. It's Cozumel. :p

Thanks for any advice.

Have you paid your deposit yet?

IIRC, Tom won't ask for that until he has enough signed up for the tour to be a go. I would suggest letting him know via email when you will be leaving home so you can work out an alternative way for him to contact you with the meet up time and location if necessary.

You will have a great time on the bar hop!

I just tried to book one today for 3 people, May 31, 2012, my order stated they need a minimum of 6, they put me on their list and will email when that happens so I can put a deposit down. Hopefully others are going that day!

Happy Sailing,

Have you joined your roll call for this sailing? You might find some folks there who would be interested;)

We are leaving from Orlando now to drive to Miami to leave on the Liberty tomorrow (saturday). Tom, from Cozumel Bar Hop, told me earlier this week that we are confirmed to take the tour on Monday and that his computer was down but he would get back to me by Thursday night with instructions on where to meet.

I've never heard from him and don't know if I will have internet access after I leave home. Has anyone ever taken the Cozumel Bar Hop tour with Tom? If so, where did you meet?

Thanks so much for your help. This tour has gotten 5 star reviews all over the net so I know it's a good one and don't want to miss it!

Thanks so much!!!:)

I haven't taken the tour - yet - we're scheduled for Fri Feb 17. Our confirmation email said to meet at the only Starbucks in Cozumel -

Copied from the email -

Your party is confirmed for the Bar Hop on FEB 17/2012, starting at 11AM

local time (CT), which is the same as ship time.

The meeting point is at Cozumel's only STARBUCKS in the little outdoor mall

attached to the PUNTA LANGOSTA Cruise Ship Pier downtown. The cab ride

from the two southern cruise ship piers (PUERTA MAYA & INTERNATIONAL)

is only about 7 minutes, and will cost $7USD total, for 1-4 passengers.

Verify the fare BEFORE you get in the cab!

If your ship is docking at the PUNTA LANGOSTA pier (downtown), you can

just walk across to Starbucks. In either case, we will drop you back at your pier

at the end of the tour.

We're leaving at 11AM LOCAL TIME (CT), so please be there by 10:45AM.

Your guide and I will be sitting at one of the outside tables, wearing shorts and

BAR HOP t-shirts.

Please bring sunscreen, a camera, cash to pay the balance due and for drinks,

food, gratuities for your guide, etc. USD or Mexican Pesos are accepted...

IMPORTANT: Cozumel is one hour behind Florida time (ET),

and is the same time as Texas/Louisiana/Alabama (CT).

REALLY IMPORTANT!: The east side of the island has no

electricity, so they can't run credit cards. Bring enough cash!!!

(Can you tell we've had problems with this in the past? lol!)

PLEASE reply so I know you got this...thanks.

Hope you see Berniemgr's post. If I were you you, I would immediately email Tom and tell him you did not get his email and that you will meet him per the details Berniemgr provided: At the Starbucks (downtown San Miguel) at 10:45 Local time (11:45AM ship time BTW). Then hop a cab to there. Also print out the phone contact information from the website 011-527-987-564-0437. So you can call once in Cozumel and re confirm. The first 3 numbers(011) are US exit codes and the next 2 (52) are Mexico's country code, the local area code for Cozumel is 987, so the local phone is the last 7 digits (564-0437).

GOOD LUCK!, HOPE you make it! Enjoy the Liberty cruise no matter what.

Just returned from the Bar Hope Tour. It was really a lot of fun. There were 41 of us on a new large commerical type bus. Very cool. The 4 bars were all different and very neat. The beaches were really beautiful.

Highly recommend this tour to see the other side of the Island.

The tour started at Starbucks, but dropped us off at the Pier that our ship was at after the tour. Had to take a cab to Starbucks. Were told they had to do this due to the Cab Union.

Our guides made the trip.

Just returned from the Bar Hope Tour. It was really a lot of fun. There were 41 of us on a new large commerical type bus.

41 people, I bet that was like herding cats. :D

One of the really geat things about Tom and his operation is being able to do what it takes to make sure everyone has a really good time.

13 more days and I'm there.

Archived