Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

I accidentally booked with a different company not realizing there where more than 1 company offering the bar hop. this is cozumel dot com, anyone have any experience with?

In my sig is a link to my roll call.

Come over there and ask Jeff, he has done it many many times and can help you.

DH and I are going to be on the Jewel the week of April 23rd and are definitely interested in the bar hop. I sent an email request through the website and was informed that there weren't enough for the tour yet:( My question is does anyone know what my chances are of them getting enough people together for the tour? Also any suggestions for alternatives? I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be able to do the tour. Sounds like a BLAST!

DH and I are going to be on the Jewel the week of April 23rd and are definitely interested in the bar hop. I sent an email request through the website and was informed that there weren't enough for the tour yet:( My question is does anyone know what my chances are of them getting enough people together for the tour? Also any suggestions for alternatives? I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be able to do the tour. Sounds like a BLAST!

Well, that's pretty close not to have the minimum of 6 yet... have you "promoted" the tour on your roll call to see if others there may be interested? If you can find out what other ships will be calling on Cozumel that day, you can go "suggest" the tour on those roll calls too. An alternative might be to hire a driver for the day and go to the east side and stop at the bars. (You won't get the "free" shots that way though and it was fun to be with the group on the bus.)

What is the best way to find out what other ships will be in port that day?

There are several websites that show what ships are in each port each day.

I looked it up for you.... looks like you will be in Cozumel on Wednesday, April 25 from 8am - 6pm - the only other ship I see scheduled for Cozumel that day is Carnival Imagination (leaves from Miami on Monday, April 23).

• 3 weeks later...

We did this last week. It was a great time. You stop at 4 bars on the wild side and get a free shot of a drink mixture at each stop. approx. 45 min. per stop. Time to eat, drink, relax in the hammocks, chairs, walk the beach, look at souvenirs, take pictures, just enjoy the beauty. It was stunningly more beautiful then I expected. Colleen was our guide & took good care of us & talked about the island all along the way. She made it fun. I would not suggest swimming, it is rough, which is the beauty of it, plus you'd be all wet on the bus. There was around 20 on the bus. They drop you off at your pier at the end.

Tip: if you eat, order asap when you get to the bar. Be on the bus on time, she comes around with a 10 min. warning, & gives had signals.

It is a fun way to see the other side of the island & get history of the island.

We waited till the last minute to book it due to our hesitation that it would be to wild a party. I am so glad we did. Lots of fun. I only read positive reviews and I agree with them all. Two thumbs up!!!!

We just returned from our 7 days on Solstice and did the Cozumel bar hop excursion. I honestly can't say enough good about this excursion. It is PERFECT. The owner of the company along with the driver, Carlos and the tour guide, Colleen, meet you at the only Starbucks on the island. They wait for all the others (most is 16, I think). You load into the A/C cooled Mercedes van and take off. Colleen explains EVERYTHING.... you have NO WORRIES. And before you even realize it, you're on the other side of the island... pure beautiful'ness. lol. And stopping at an awesome spot on the beach for a free drink and 45 minutes of whatever you want.... another drink? some delicious food? to sit back and breathe in the awesome views? It's up to you.

We actually had all different types of people in our group. We had the loud hard-core drinkers, the quiet hard core drinker and the light drinkers and I think we may have had a couple of folks who didn't drink. But one thing we all had in common... we ALL had fun and big smiles on our face. Several people (including my husband) mentioned more than once that this was the best day of vacation so far and I heard more than one person thanking the other person for picking this or convincing them to do this excursion.

I don't mean to go on and on, but I promise this is an honest review. If you search out my last couple of posts, you'll notice that I'm not exactly all roses and glitter in my reviews. I'm keeping it REAL. :)

We just returned from our 7 days on Solstice and did the Cozumel bar hop excursion. I honestly can't say enough good about this excursion. It is PERFECT. The owner of the company along with the driver, Carlos and the tour guide, Colleen, meet you at the only Starbucks on the island. They wait for all the others (most is 16, I think). You load into the A/C cooled Mercedes van and take off. Colleen explains EVERYTHING.... you have NO WORRIES. And before you even realize it, you're on the other side of the island... pure beautiful'ness. lol. And stopping at an awesome spot on the beach for a free drink and 45 minutes of whatever you want.... another drink? some delicious food? to sit back and breathe in the awesome views? It's up to you.

We actually had all different types of people in our group. We had the loud hard-core drinkers, the quiet hard core drinker and the light drinkers and I think we may have had a couple of folks who didn't drink. But one thing we all had in common... we ALL had fun and big smiles on our face. Several people (including my husband) mentioned more than once that this was the best day of vacation so far and I heard more than one person thanking the other person for picking this or convincing them to do this excursion.

I don't mean to go on and on, but I promise this is an honest review. If you search out my last couple of posts, you'll notice that I'm not exactly all roses and glitter in my reviews. I'm keeping it REAL. :)

Im not too sure which group I was in with this review just now, but I WAS THERE TOOOO!!! I was on the glory, the jamaica group!! (Dave here) :).

It sure was a blast, by far the best excursion we did as well.

Anyone have tips or advice on the Cozumel bar hop? We are sailing on Oasis and will be in Cozumel 6/14/12 and we were thinking of doin it! Looked like a good time!! Lol

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?aidwed

My tip is GO, dont think or hesitate, weight pros and cons... JUST GO. I did it one week ago and it was amazing fun, and thats not even the alcohol talking! I gurantee you wont regret it. I'd do it again tomorrow in a heartbeat. In fact, whenever next I go to cozumel there is no choice as to what the excursion will be at all.....its the bar hop without a doubt.

Not sure what this is but I am interested and want to know :)

Its incredible fun is what it is!!!. No I do not get a commission lol, its just a great time and I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone!

If you want more specifics ask away, I'll be more than happy to assist. I have pics and all if you'd like as well.

Its incredible fun is what it is!!!. No I do not get a commission lol, its just a great time and I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone!

If you want more specifics ask away, I'll be more than happy to assist. I have pics and all if you'd like as well.

We are trying to weigh the options between this tour and the other tour. So you get one shot at each of the 4 bars for $49 vs. 6 beers or margaritas (total) on the other tour for $60. How much are beers if you wanted one top of the shot? How about margaritas or other mixed drinks? What do the bars have to in the time you are there? Do they play game or do you just hang out? Trying to get a feel for what to expect. We currently have a group of 10 people going on one of these, just need to decide which is better. Anything else you can tell me that will sway me to take this tour, please do. Much appreciated.:)

We are trying to weigh the options between this tour and the other tour. So you get one shot at each of the 4 bars for $49 vs. 6 beers or margaritas (total) on the other tour for $60. How much are beers if you wanted one top of the shot? How about margaritas or other mixed drinks? What do the bars have to in the time you are there? Do they play game or do you just hang out? Trying to get a feel for what to expect. We currently have a group of 10 people going on one of these, just need to decide which is better. Anything else you can tell me that will sway me to take this tour, please do. Much appreciated.:)

Yep, thats correct, you get a shot @ each bar and thats it, however its 4 different shots and they are all yummy. Beers at each bar is 3$ I believe, mixed drinks was about 7-8$ if I can remember properly.

One of the great things about this tour is that you see the other end of the island most excursions dont take you to. There is no electricity so bring cash. At the bars are lovely lovely beach scenery, each a lil bit unique and what really does it for me at least is, you entered the bus with for the most part all strangers, you exit the journey with everybody being friends and you get somewhat sad you have to leave and not see most again lol.

At each bar, you just hang out really, chit chat, order drinks/food and chat with all the other new people on the bus. Im sure I speak for everyone on the tour that we went on, but we all wish that 5 hours was so much longer and it felt like 2hrs after all was said and done with how much fun we had. The guide (colleen) is really cool and very fun.

Talking about it all makes me wanna go back nowwww lol :(.

I don't know about the " other " tour but I think you shoud check out Cozumel Bar Hop on face book you should get a better idea of what they have.

For what it worth we have been 3 times and will be heading back for number 4 in Sept.

One thing if money is a big issue it may not be the way to go. Cerveza's are about $3 and I think drinks can start about $4 and go up. If you want to eat then you will have to pay for that. Coconut shrimp at Rasta's are great but I think they about $12 or $14.

I don't know about the " other " tour but I think you shoud check out Cozumel Bar Hop on face book you should get a better idea of what they have.

For what it worth we have been 3 times and will be heading back for number 4 in Sept.

One thing if money is a big issue it may not be the way to go. Cerveza's are about $3 and I think drinks can start about $4 and go up. If you want to eat then you will have to pay for that. Coconut shrimp at Rasta's are great but I think they about $12 or $14.

Great, thanks for the input. There is another tour company that runs a pub crawl and we were comparing the two. $3 for beer is a heck of a lot better then where I come from! :rolleyes:. Do all the bars have bathrooms? I read somewhere on this thread that there is no electricity on that side of the island. Just need to be prepared. I know the bus has one but is that all there is?

I'll check out the FB page. Thanks again.

Great, thanks for the input. There is another tour company that runs a pub crawl and we were comparing the two. $3 for beer is a heck of a lot better then where I come from! :rolleyes:. Do all the bars have bathrooms? I read somewhere on this thread that there is no electricity on that side of the island. Just need to be prepared. I know the bus has one but is that all there is?

I'll check out the FB page. Thanks again.

There are bathrooms at all the bars they go to. The bus we went one didnt have one tho lol... then again it was only like 17 of us so they went with a smaller bus for our group I'd imagine.

The beer is the local beers tho, you can have fun trying em out, it wasnt bad, I tried one, but after that I decided I'd have to get a margurita at each bar and I was not disappointed!

As for the lack of electricity, I personally didnt even realise it, I was too busy drinking/chatting/taking pics/drinking to even notice there was none lol.

There are bathrooms at all the bars they go to. The bus we went one didnt have one tho lol... then again it was only like 17 of us so they went with a smaller bus for our group I'd imagine.

The beer is the local beers tho, you can have fun trying em out, it wasnt bad, I tried one, but after that I decided I'd have to get a margurita at each bar and I was not disappointed!

As for the lack of electricity, I personally didnt even realise it, I was too busy drinking/chatting/taking pics/drinking to even notice there was none lol.

Thanks for the info. Someone had told me there was bathroom on the bus but I was hoping the bars had them since I also read about the electricty. Best to find out first hand. Sounds like a great time!:)

Thanks for the info. Someone had told me there was bathroom on the bus but I was hoping the bars had them since I also read about the electricty. Best to find out first hand. Sounds like a great time!:)

FYI, along with no electricty they have no running water or sanitary sewer system on that side of the island. They do provide facalities but don't expect them to be mondernized or what you are accustomed to in other paces.

The entire island is really not as advanced as some would think. Even for the locals their sanitary system is no where close to what we have.

:eek:

Here is what we did last time to save a few bucks. We took a soft sided collapsible cooler with us. Filled it with ice on board and put in 2 - 8 oz. rum runner flasks with Don Julio.

When you get to Starbucks and are waiting for Tom to show up, look at the gift shop behind Starbucks. They have a big sign that says COLD CORONA'S $1.50. We bought 6 to put in the cooler and carried one on the bus on the way out.

A great time was had by all and we didn't get thirsty.

:D:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

I did it on my trip maybe 3 weeks ago. Awesome awesome awesome time, informative, fun, beautiful scenery, wonderful people... andd did I mention its awesome?

I'd go back again tomorrow if I had the opportunity. You start the tour with a bunch of strangers and end the day with a group of friends. Easily one of the best excursions I did. I'd recommend it highly.

Archived