Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

Well worth it, regardless of how many in your group...the guides are alot of fun. The beaches on the East side are wonderful, with very few people around. Rasta's is the most primitive bar I've ever been to, and Coconuts is by far the most interesting! So much fun!:D

We are going on this on Nov 1. Have been to all these places before but just on my own when renting a jeep. Can't wait to be driven around and not worry about having an accident while driving.

Me & my friend r thinking about joining this on nov 1st.....were the only ones from r ship [radiance] How many do you all have going....? heard 6..from tom....

How fun is this tour with only 4 or 6 people? I would think a large group would be better, but we are scheduled for Cozumel on 11/6/10 and when I spoke to Tom only one other couple was interested in the Hop.

I just got home from the Oasis today and we did the bar hop with 4 people. It was so much fun!!! We had lots of laughs just waiting for the other couple to find us. Armando (the driver), had a sign with my name and the other couple's name with BAR HOP underneath. Everyone kept asking if they could come along with us because they didn't know about it until they seen the sign.

The bars on the other side are great, the views are wonderful. I could have spent the entire day over there. There isn't any electricity on that side of the island so it's pretty rustic, but really cool.

You'll have fun no matter how many people are with you.

Judy

I just wanted to take a moment to give my review of the Bar Hop tour. The Bar Hop Tour was fantastic and, although I had been to Cozumel many, many times, I had never gotten the opportunity to see how beautiful the other side of the island was. I have to say that this excursion was one of the highlights of my vacation.

The driver, Roberto, was great and he was always willing to help out with a smile on his face and I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing Greg was as our tour guide. Greg is a true asset to the Bar Hop tour and he was constantly pointing out some of the little known facts about the island and making us laugh. He presented the details with enthusiasm and gusto and it was easy to see that he truly loves Cozumel.

I’ll be sure to take your tour the next time I am in Cozumel and I will definitely recommend it to my friends and those on Cruise Critic. It was truly a fantastic experience!!!

Thanks OGCFreddie for your review! I was hesitant about booking at first but I have yet to see a poor review of this excursion. We are really looking forward to it. Will be sure to post my review when I return from our Dec. 23, 2010 cruise. Cheers!
My pleasure. You're going to love it!!! Just be careful with the Margaritas at the last stop. They'll knock you for a loop!!!

Have fun!

Just be sure to book the 11/06/2011 Freedom cruise. I'm looking forward to seeing the two of you again!

Did karen tell you we'll be at disney in jan before the Radiance have some friends coming for a saturday night beers around the world the more the merrier

Finally got enough interest on our date to do the hop!! I appreciate everyone's reviews...but have one question...

Can anyone recommend any food or drink specialties at any of the stops? Sounds like Coconut Shrimp at Rasta's (yum!)...but anything else?

I will certainly heed your advice OGCFreddie! Especially for my husband as he loves margaritas but they do not love him! Tom sounds like a great guide - sent me photos by email and he seemed like alot of fun. He asked me to bring him some Tim-Bits! Tom said we may even see some baby turtle hatchlings!

We are doing a B2B on the Elation in January and have Gerry booked for the first trip to Cozumel (our inlaws are with us and Gerry ~private driver~ is perfect for them).

We will be BACK in Cozumel on January 8th (I think) ... anyone doing a tour then???? There are 4 of us....

Thanks Linda - that is good to know! Now that we are in November it seems so close! Had our first snowfall on the weekend so the beautiful beaches on the bar tour are certainly beckoning. Enjoy everyone!

You're welcome! And I know the snow is making you want it more!;) This really is a wonderful tour...the guys are great...good sense of humor...the beaches on the East side are natural and beautiful...the bars are the most unique I have ever seen.

Kind of wishing we were doing it next week, but we opted for Nachi Cocom this time. Enjoy!!!:D

I booked the hubbie and myself for this 12/11/2010. Paid via paypal. I had forgotten my password bc I hadn't used PP for quite some time. So, had to get a new password then edit my 2008 credit card info, then made the deposit ($19pp I think). Balance due in cash when we get there.

I'm excited to go on this tour. Carnival Elation will be in port from 8 am until 5 pm, so I wonder if there will be any time left over to shop??? Also, i don't really care for shots and hope to have a mixed drink instead.

Looking for some awesome food, great scenery and nice folks. Hope the weather cooperates. Don't like it too hot after these Alabama summers.

I booked the hubbie and myself for this 12/11/2010. Paid via paypal. I had forgotten my password bc I hadn't used PP for quite some time. So' date=' had to get a new password then edit my 2008 credit card info, then made the deposit ($19pp I think). Balance due in cash when we get there.

I'm excited to go on this tour. Carnival Elation will be in port from 8 am until 5 pm, so I wonder if there will be any time left over to shop??? Also, i don't really care for shots and hope to have a mixed drink instead.

Looking for some awesome food, great scenery and nice folks. Hope the weather cooperates. Don't like it too hot after these Alabama summers.[/quote']

Time might be a little tight after the tour for shopping down town, but there is usually some time to go thru the shops at the pier. Tom has to coordinate the times for all the passengers from the different ships and the land AI's. The shots are not really straight shots. They are the house special drinks all mixed up and poured into shot glasses. Not straight tequila or anything like that.

Time might be a little tight after the tour for shopping down town, but there is usually some time to go thru the shops at the pier. Tom has to coordinate the times for all the passengers from the different ships and the land AI's. The shots are not really straight shots. They are the house special drinks all mixed up and poured into shot glasses. Not straight tequila or anything like that.

Thx Traveler353: That was helpful info about the mixed drinks. This will be my third time to Coz, second time to seeing the east side of island. It will be so nice to actually lounge around, eat, drink and be merry while surrounded by such natural beauty. Now if it doesn't storm. Fingers crossed.

Archived