Supportive Bulkhead in Blu Restaurant

Coco Creek

The articles on the Solstice with pictures have been amazng. One item that caught my attention was that a supportive bulkhead is going to be placed in the middle of the Blu Restaurant. How do we feel this bulkhead will look in the middle of Blu?

Celebrity_solstice_blu.jpg

I don't mean this to sound judgemental, but the one thing I have learned (sometimes the hard way) is dont judge a design by just one element. Wait to see how the whole design appeals to you. Sometimes there are subtle design elements that tie in design pieces that don't seem like they would belong in the same area.

The bulkhead is shown on the deck plans for Blu -the venu is smaller and has ocean views on one side only. Based on this setup there aren't sweeping views that are obstructed by this wall like there would have been had they put the bulkhead in the Tuscan Grill. And based on the table placement all Blu guests should have views of the ocean. Take a look for yourself:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan...ilDate=1081121

I for one (as an upcoming AQ pax) am not concerned about this. The unfortunate part is that it appears there were no furnishings yet in Blu so the bulkhead was the most interesting feature!

I am just glad to know what it is. Not being an engineer (I leave that to the rest of my family.....), I had just wondered - as I looked at the pics - why this "element" was added. Now I know. Will be interesting to see how I like the whole effect when I am actually dining in Blu. :)

I find myself asking why should you worry about it, I am sure the captain and all the crew feel the ship is safe.

Do you know something we don't?

When I stay at a hotel I don't find myself worrying about the structure, as much as educate myself on the exits.

I have to say that I am so intrigued by the questioning of this bulkhead.....I have taken a few cruises and I have never thought twice about a bulkhead and just by looking at the photos, I wouldn't have questioned the bulkhead being there, it looks like a colorful wall that was added for accent to me. I am seriously impressed that some cruisers are mechanically inclined enough to notice and comment on such things. I learn something on here every day!!!

I can't for the life of me remember seeing a bulkhead on any cruise that I have been on.:rolleyes:

Archived