Christmas/New Year's Eve

DougYWG

We are cruising on Navigator leaving Miami on Dec 24 and was wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of parties etc does RCCL put on at Christmas or on New Year's Eve? Our two daughters ages 19 and 22 are sailing with us. Will RCCL give out free champagne or funny hats, noise makers etc?

Any info about the special activities around holiday week would be appreciated.

Just can't wait - this is our second cruise with RCCL and the first for our daughters.

Thanks to everyone on this board - I find so many helpful hints and comments it really keeps the excitement going to the actual departure day.

We did a family cruise for New Year 2003 ( 22 of us ). There are parties, free champagne, hats and noisemakers. Everyone had a great time and you will too. My only objection was the cost of the cruise. Much more expensive than sailing at other times.

tonyt

We were on that ship last New Year's with our two sons - there were tons of college kids and high school kids. Parties by the pools and on various decks. Just be outgoing and say "Hi" Our sons had such a great time that this year we are celebrating New Year's on the Adventure. I teach, and it's the only common vacation my sons have, so we can only go away during prime time. Oh well, But we had a fabulous time together. Enjoy

I am off to YWG for Thanksgiving with the family who lives in northern MN. Cheaper and quicker to fly into YWG than GFK or FAR.

I love YWG. Great furniture shopping compared to here. No elk heads and hides! Love the forks area and usually stay at the Fairmont or Fort Garry.

Miss the folk festival that I used to go to all the time in my youth.

We are still looking for our Christmas or NY cruise. Maybe we will be on the same one.

Archived