OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

Everyone's photos are so awesome!! This is my most "treasured" photo. I do need to explain it though. I was on a short-term mission trip to Haiti and we traveled north to the island of Tortuga. The poverty there is beyond words. We took a group of children into a building to play and have crafts, etc. However, a very hard lesson to learn in places such as Haiti is the fact that you cannot help EVERYONE. These children learn at a very young age that there is just not enough to go around.

While playing with the ones inside, I looked toward the back of the building where there was a hole in the concrete wall. There I saw the faces of these children watching us! I snapped that picture in a split second...before I had a chance to really think about it. When I reflect on that picture, I am reminded of the impovershed people in the world, not just in Haiti, but everywhere.

I hope this picture is not too much of a "downer" for this thread. I think it really reflects how the camera does not take the picture, but the eye of the person does.

Janet

Totuga.jpg

This touches my heart. Thanks for sharing. Linda

These are two of my favorite photos. Both were taken on Maui, Hawaii. The first is a picture I took last October at Mount Haleakala and the second is a photo I snapped on a whale watch just off Kaanapali Beach on Maui. That is the island of Lanai in the background.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Let me share one that my DH took recently near our community.

SNV10320.jpg

And of course the famous Brooklyn Bridge.

SNV10195.jpg

You are so lucky! New York has everything - nature and history! Hope to visit one day. Nice shots, thanks!

a_thing_a_day_photos.html#73 My grandson with a wonderful treat!

Kween Karen:

Here is what I do to make my pictures show up larger: Go to webshots.com. Sign up - it's free. download the pictures you want to use. Then go to my albums on webshots. Double click on the picture you want to use. Scroll down on the page. On the bottom right is a section that says "link to this picture." Click on the 600 pixel size. Then highlight the "post in a forum" address. Then right click and copy. Go to what you are writing in cruisecritic and right click and "paste" the address. Preview your post to be sure your picture is showing up correctly.

Hope this helps! Linda

You are so lucky! New York has everything - nature and history! Hope to visit one day. Nice shots, thanks!

Thanks, I am so glad to live in NYC there is so much to see and do. I hope you do get to visit very soon.

Here is one more hope you like this one too.

DSC_0714.jpg

BTW, pierces love the single petal photo. Very nice.:D

I have to go and take more pictures!!!:D

Looking forward to your non cruise photos and can't wait till you share with us.:) I'm sure you will find someone or something that catches your eye and speaks to you.

In the meantime I'll share a few more.

SNV10149.jpg

Lincoln Center at night

HPIM0953.jpg

Empire State Building

Not sure, but that eye might belong to a friend of this fellow ... :eek:

2341190480_e6da29d24b.jpg

This was taken at the Woodland Zoo in Seattle, WA - Komodo Dragon. I'm just glad there was plate glass between him and me :D

Took this at the Memphis Zoo.....anybody know who belongs to this eye?

imagew2.aspx?p=1&c=6454784&i=293834428&z=0

Archived