Just booked on Legend...

Toni12345

You have just booked what we have considered our BEST CRUISE EVER!

If you can swing it....go for category 9A and get cabin number 7301. It's great.

In Roatan we did the Pirates, Birds and Monkeys of the Caribbean. We loved it. It may not be your style....but if you are considering it....I definitely suggest it!

In Belize we did the Bacab Eco Park Wild Wings Butterfly. The pool was great but we weren't impressed with Bacab Eco Park. There were others that were at the pool area that did the kayaking tour there and they said the same thing....they wouldn't recommend it either.

Anywho....you're going on a GREAT cruise on a GREAT ship! Have FUN!

Our words are in Member Reviews.

Summary: You will LOVE IT........it's a perfect size ship with the best, most friendly crew in the fleet. There may be another 2,000 + passengers, but somehow you NEVER feel crowded or need to wait long.

And don't leave out the Golden Fleece.....really fine restaurant, at $ 30 quite a huge bargain.....go with an appetite, and ladies need a sweater or shawl (gets a touch cool).

When will you be going? We are just a couple of months away from our cruise on the Legend and are very excited. I have heard great reviews of the ship and crew.

There is lots of great information for shore excursions on the ports of call section. Lots fo great recomendations on the various private tours operated in the different ports. We have chosen all private tours with the help of the folks who post over there.

In Grand Caymen we will be snorkeling and visiting Sting Ray City with Captain Marvin. In Cozumel we will be swimming with the dolphins with Dolphin Discovery, In Belieze we will be going on the brewery tour with Coral Breezes tours. (Cave tubing is also a popular option and there are several reputable operators) In Rotan we are going fishing with Victor Bodden.

There are many great tours available and like I said, the ports of call boards are a great place to start your research.

Please share some info on your experience on the Legend. Going to Grand Cayman, Cosumel, Roatan if you can recommend things/places for hubby and I see/do. Thank you!!

great ship...ask for Krishnan :Kris and Gusty" in the dinning room. Hands down the best best dinning room service ever. They had the chef's preapre Indian food every night for as as a 2nd entree (and by us I mean the group of 11 that we travled with)

cozumel we did the dune buggys with Island Marketing ----highly recomend this

In Rotan...Victor Bodden is the way to go without a doubt

I took a wonderful cooking class on Cozumel.

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/cookingclasses.html

With Josefina. My brief review is under ports, 12/17/07 and for some reason I can't seem to copy the url, but you can do a search. It was wonderful and very personal. It's the only reason I ever got off the Legend.

I took a wonderful cooking class on Cozumel.

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/cookingclasses.html

With Josefina. My brief review is under ports, 12/17/07 and for some reason I can't seem to copy the url, but you can do a search. It was wonderful and very personal. It's the only reason I ever got off the Legend.

The link didn't come up for me, but what exactly did you cook and was the class very expensive?

In Grand Cayman, you have to go to Stingray City. There's nothing like it in the world, and my day there was one of the best of my life.

Cozumel, we did a catamaran sail / snorkel. The sail was fun, the snorkeling not so much. Next time, I'd do something else.

In Belize and Roatán, you must do an excursion. If you don't, you'll hate the port; if you do, you'll probably love it. In Belize we did the Altun Ha / River Wallace tour. It was a bus ride to Mayan ruins, then lunch, then a boat trip down a nice river.

If you want a beach day, do it at Roatán. Tabyana Beach is absolute paradise. The jungle runs right down to the crystal-clear ocean, the sand is powder-fine, and there's a reef right offshore if you want to snorkel.

You will love the Legend. I prefer the Conquest / Triumph class layout, but the Legend is easy to navigate, and she's a beautiful ship.

When are you going?

We are booked for 11/2 and are going to a brand spanking new Costa Maya - The Roatan was a substitute stop until CM pier got rebuilt and up to speed - So check your itinerary to see where you are going...

I will post a very detailed review upon my return.

great ship...ask for Krishnan :Kris and Gusty" in the dinning room. Hands down the best best dinning room service ever. They had the chef's preapre Indian food every night for as as a 2nd entree (and by us I mean the group of 11 that we travled with)

cozumel we did the dune buggys with Island Marketing ----highly recomend this

In Rotan...Victor Bodden is the way to go without a doubt

We had Kris and Gusty in June. They were GREAT!

Roatan: definitely go with Victor Boden. He will take you to do whatever you want to do. His guides are knowledgeable and fun.

Belize: any of the ruins are great, as is cave tubing with one of the very reputable tour companies--check out the Belize board.

GC: we did a tour with caymaninanutshell.com, which had us going to stingray city with Captain Marvin, then the turtle farm, Hell, lunch and 7 Mile Beach.

Cozumel: anything that involves water: beach, dolphin swim, etc. The water is amazing there.

When are you going?

We are booked for 11/2 and are going to a brand spanking new Costa Maya - The Roatan was a substitute stop until CM pier got rebuilt and up to speed - So check your itinerary to see where you are going...

I will post a very detailed review upon my return.

I stand corrected...

Only 11/2/08 and 1/11/09 are headed to CM - Everyone else gets Roatan...

Sorry for the mis-information...

We were on the Legend on the 8/24 sailing. It is a beautiful ship and very easy to find your way around on! We had a cat. 11 room on the Empress deck. Cabin 6176, port side. Beautiful!!

In Grand Cayman, we did Stingray City tour with FatFish Adventures. We booked this on our own and it was FANTASTIC!! We booked jet skis, but Peter also has jet boats, if you prefer those. This was a small tour, just me and my DH, Peter, the tour owner, and his son Craig. We went first to Stingray city, then to Rum Point to snorkel. (We had never snorkeled before). I can't say enough good things about this tour.

Roatan, we did the Dolphin Encounter and Tabyana Beach break thru Carnival. The beach at Tabyana is beautiful and it wasn't too crowded while we were there. The water in Roatan is absolutely clear and a dark, almost sapphire blue!

Belize we did the Private Island Beach break thru Carnival. This was to Banister Cay, which is absolutely beautiful. There was a water trampoline and slide for kids, or adults for that matter. We just hung out on our beach chairs and floated in the water. They also have a Caribbean band playing, and lunch (for purchase) was grilled lobster.

Cozumel we did Nachi Cocum. I booked this online for $49.00 per person. It is beautiful. It was all inclusive, all alcohol, bottled water, sodas, etc. It also included lunch, which was DELICIOUS!! The guacamole is amazing!! There is a fresh water pool and hot tub, along with plenty of beach chairs and palapas. We were waited on hand and foot!! Our waiter, Carlos, brought us drink refills into the water, as soon as he saw our glasses were empty!! We did not want to leave!! We took a taxi from the pier to Nachi which cost us about $30.00.

Have a fantastic time!!:)

The link didn't come up for me, but what exactly did you cook and was the class very expensive?

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/CozumelCookingClasses.html

This should work.

If not. Go to Cozumelmycozumel.com and find the food and wine button then find the cooking class description.

It was not too expensive for what I got. It's intimate. Actually, another woman on our Legend Roll call had found it and posted the information. It's an easy cab ride to the school where her kitchen is. We had food and spices to bring back and we did leave a tip. I think the ship had a cooking class tour, but that did not interest me.

In Grand Cayman, you have to go to Stingray City. There's nothing like it in the world, and my day there was one of the best of my life.

Cozumel, we did a catamaran sail / snorkel. The sail was fun, the snorkeling not so much. Next time, I'd do something else.

In Belize and Roatán, you must do an excursion. If you don't, you'll hate the port; if you do, you'll probably love it. In Belize we did the Altun Ha / River Wallace tour. It was a bus ride to Mayan ruins, then lunch, then a boat trip down a nice river.

If you want a beach day, do it at Roatán. Tabyana Beach is absolute paradise. The jungle runs right down to the crystal-clear ocean, the sand is powder-fine, and there's a reef right offshore if you want to snorkel.

You will love the Legend. I prefer the Conquest / Triumph class layout, but the Legend is easy to navigate, and she's a beautiful ship.

We are looking at most of the same excursions you did, except for Coz. Did you book through Carnival or independently ? Any other tips on these excursions ?

We are looking at most of the same excursions you did, except for Coz. Did you book through Carnival or independently ? Any other tips on these excursions ?
We almost always book with Carnival. We could have gotten another cab to another beach in Roatán, but Tabyana is only open to ship excursions, and we had an early (3p) departure time from Roatán and we didn't want to miss the ship. It was only $36, and I know I could have gotten it cheaper but I don't really care about $10 or so.

Grand Cayman we also booked through the ship, and it was only $45 or so for each of us. Definitely worth it IMO not to get left behind. I cannot recommend Stingray City enough. I really, really can't. It is something I will carry with me forever.

We almost always book with Carnival. We could have gotten another cab to another beach in Roatán, but Tabyana is only open to ship excursions, and we had an early (3p) departure time from Roatán and we didn't want to miss the ship. It was only $36, and I know I could have gotten it cheaper but I don't really care about $10 or so.

Grand Cayman we also booked through the ship, and it was only $45 or so for each of us. Definitely worth it IMO not to get left behind. I cannot recommend Stingray City enough. I really, really can't. It is something I will carry with me forever.

Thanks for the input,bambi hassenpfeffer.

For those who have been on Glory and Legend, how do they compare ?

Archived