Bringing Beer Back From Mexico

gumballz

I know this will sound somewhat redneck......but will it be a problem to purchase a 12 pack of beer in Ensenada and bring it back onboard? I know they hold liquor until the end of our voyage......but is there a limit on beer? Is beer allowed?

I know there's beer onboard, but not Bohemia. :) We've only found it in Mexico and want to bring some home.

Thanks!

I don't think you'd really run into any problems with the ship. They would either hold it until the end of the cruise or let you take it to your cabin. Issues of concern would be customs, if you filled out your declaration statement honestly. But even that would be minimal. Our US customs laws state how much alcohol you can bring back tax/duty free. The key here is not how much you can bring back but how much is duty free. Many people make the mistake of thinking they are pretty much allowed 1 bottle per person (unless it is rum from Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands). 1 bottle is what they are allowed DUTY FREE. There is actually no real limit on what you can bring back. We spend at least a week in Cabo every year and almost always bring back 4 bottles of Tequila. Not once have we been stopped by customs. We always completely declare our alcohol. They reality is that most customs agents do not want to stop and fill out the paperwork necessary to collect a dollar or two for the extra liquor. That doesn't mean you should bring back a case and expect it to sail through.

The only other real concern would be one of weight and the airlines. Considering what they are charging for baggage (especially overweight bagggage) a 12 pack of beer might be costly. My suggestion would be to take a portable luggage scale with you. They are fairly similar to a fish scale. Having one allows you to re-distribute items in your luggage so that you will stay under the weight limits for the airlines. They cost under $10 and are easy to find on the internet or even in stores like Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Have a great trip and enjoy your Bohemia.

I brung a dubble sixer back to the boat. Never got to the house with it, the bag was empty by gittin off time. Got Bohemia in my holler though.

Fez don't got none at his quickie-mart by my trailerpark, but the Vons store got it.

(You can bring it back on board, they may or may not make you check it in, I never have. A major gocery should have it (in California anyway). I've seen it many times. If you have a Rite-Aid in your area, check them, they usually have the best beer prices)

I know this will sound somewhat redneck......but will it be a problem to purchase a 12 pack of beer in Ensenada and bring it back onboard? I know they hold liquor until the end of our voyage......but is there a limit on beer? Is beer allowed?

I know there's beer onboard, but not Bohemia. :) We've only found it in Mexico and want to bring some home.

Thanks!

If you like bohemia try the new dark variety, the aluminium foil is silver instead of golden.

Cheers

Thanks to everyone for your posts!

We're driving for this cruise, so weight won't be an issue.

It's sold in stores in CA? I'd rather just stop on our way home and pick some up, if that's the case. We'll be on Carnival....so can anyone recommend a store near the port in Long Beach that carries Bohemia?

SDPadreFan, we're originally from North County. Rollie, Goose, Ozzie, Tony.....I miss going to the games! Of course, they're long gone, but you know what I mean. Still cheer loudly for our Chargers, though! :)

Thanks again for the help!

It's sold in stores in CA? I'd rather just stop on our way home and pick some up, if that's the case. We'll be on Carnival....so can anyone recommend a store near the port in Long Beach that carries Bohemia?

quote]

BevMo! Long Beach

6521 East Pacific Coast Highway

Long Beach, CA 90803

SDPadreFan, we're originally from North County. Rollie, Goose, Ozzie, Tony.....I miss going to the games! Of course, they're long gone, but you know what I mean. Still cheer loudly for our Chargers, though! :)

Thanks again for the help!

Don't know where you are driving from. Did a web search with a store called BevMo (multiple locations around southern CA). On the web site it states the standard 12 pack is currently out of stock, but that could be web based inventory not store based. It appears they also ship, but maybe only to limited locations. You might be able to call some of the stores to check inventory before you start your drive.

I can remember Padres back as far as Nate Colbert, Cito Gaston, & Ollie Brown. Was much younger then. We went to Cooperstown last year for Tony's induction ceremony. We joined in with 70,000 of our closest friends to see Cal Ripken, Jr. and Tony get inducted into the Hall Of Fame. The reason they were our closest friends is because the park where the ceremony was held could only reasonably hold maybe 20,000 people so we were very close with 70,000. We've been 1/2 season ticket holders for the last 10 years (since 1999).

My Charger memories go back as far as John Hadl, Lance Alworth, and Speedy Duncan.

I can remember Padres back as far as Nate Colbert, Cito Gaston, & Ollie Brown. Was much younger then. We went to Cooperstown last year for Tony's induction ceremony. We joined in with 70,000 of our closest friends to see Cal Ripken, Jr. and Tony get inducted into the Hall Of Fame. The reason they were our closest friends is because the park where the ceremony was held could only reasonably hold maybe 20,000 people so we were very close with 70,000. We've been 1/2 season ticket holders for the last 10 years (since 1999).

My Charger memories go back as far as John Hadl, Lance Alworth, and Speedy Duncan.

My memory goes back to Luke Easter when Casey Stengal was managing in the old PCL. Casey complained that Luke's Buick had four portholes on each side of the fender and his only had three.

I googled 'Bohemia Beer in CA' after I posted and I also came up with BevMo as well. I might give them a call. Thanks for the info! (We'll be driving in from AZ)

That's awesome about Cooperstown! I hope you got some pics!

Your Charger memories go WAY back! Too bad today's game won't leave any lasting memories.....not any positive ones, anyway. :rolleyes:

Archived