If you want 100 shares of Carnival stock

DqALEX

It's amazing how the stock market can suck you in. Watching CCL for a couple of weeks now after stumbling upon this thread...and waiting for it to go under $26 and rushing to the computer... it was almost as good as an Ebay rush!! Now I'm ready to become a day trader. Trade Victoriously!!!

KNOCKING ON WOOD here... :eek:

:D

Now just hoping that the SIRIUS stock which I picked up for $0.45 will climb sufficiently to make up for those that I purchased somewhere "north" of $3.00!!!

Tom

I did the same.$3 and saw it climb to $3.60 and figured it would go higher. I have an open buy order for 5000 shares at a joke price which is getting pretty close.

Steve

Original Post Price...32.74

10/22/08 - 1pm EST ...28.72

Thats 4.02 a share loss:mad::mad:...DANG!!!

Just remember with the stock market that is only a loss if you decided to sell at that point. I wouldn't advocate buying stock for a quick OBC then selling it as soon as you return from your cruise (unless of course you buy low and it goes high).

This stock IMO is a good buy as long as you plan on holding on to it. Otherwise as you posted it would be a loss and not something most people would risk even for OBC.

We have shares of RCL which was a much better buy since it was lower in price and it went up considerably which would have given us a nice little profit. My dh wanted the stock because it was a good value as we don't cruise with RCL the OBC wasn't a consideration. Now had he sold it when it was way up on Monday we'd have been able to buy more when it went low again later in the week.

We don't plan on selling CCL because we don't see it bouncing way up. It's a long term investment or at least the first 100 shares we purchased are. The rest were purchased at a lower price so a bounce in the market could make it a wise investment to sell them and still hold onto our original 100 shares.

In short CCL or any stock shouldn't be purchased if you need the money "Now" as you would see a potential loss. Long term holdings for CCL has a good benefit for OBC but that's not a permanent offering either.

I bought another 100 shares today for my IRA. I thinks it's a great long term buy given the high yield and current oil prices. Yes it may go a bit lower but 5 years from now it could easily double plus a big return on the dividends and possible OBC.

I made a separate post asking this question, but am also going to ask it here since this is a high traffic thread.

Can Canadians purchase Carnival stock? I've been trying to find somewhere to buy some and so far having no luck. Any Canadians out there that have done so and can either steer me in the right direction or email me to discuss?

I made a separate post asking this question, but am also going to ask it here since this is a high traffic thread.

Can Canadians purchase Carnival stock? I've been trying to find somewhere to buy some and so far having no luck. Any Canadians out there that have done so and can either steer me in the right direction or email me to discuss?

I don't know if any of the online brokerages allow customers from Canada.

There are many like ETrade, Scott Trade, Ameriatrade. I set my account up online and never had to use a branch office.

I don't see why not, but you'll probably have to do it through a Canadian broker. I have 1% of my paycheck taken out to purchase company stock, and it trades on the London Exchange. The broker is a US bank that handles the account.

Someone on the other posting told me that I can get it at a few of our banks (and they listed them). I happen to have an account at one of them so I'll go and talk to them. I'd rather deal with a real person and in Canada if I can so if this works out, then woohoo! I'm buying. It's just about at my price point right now - this morning it was $25 and change.

Thanks again for your answers.

You recent purchasers might note that at todays prices the future dividend rate is estimated at 5.8% - - Try and get that at the bank!

Note: It assumes estimated future profits that may not exist. But even a 50% drop in profits will beat my bank!

Okay, I have never bought just shares in a company. Let me see if I have this right. I buy 100 or say, 200 shares in Carnival. I fax in my info (now, even though my cruise isn't until June? or do I wait, until say May?) Then. I guess my next question is..is this just a one time deal? Or for those that say that you get $100 OBC every cruise...do you repeat the fax every time you cruise? Sorry for the dumb questions. I am completely in the dark about all of this. And thanks in advance.

Okay, I have never bought just shares in a company. Let me see if I have this right. I buy 100 or say, 200 shares in Carnival. I fax in my info (now, even though my cruise isn't until June? or do I wait, until say May?) Then. I guess my next question is..is this just a one time deal? Or for those that say that you get $100 OBC every cruise...do you repeat the fax every time you cruise? Sorry for the dumb questions. I am completely in the dark about all of this. And thanks in advance.

If you buy 100 shares the OBC is good every cruise. For multiple 7 day'ers it would be $100 + $100 +$100 etc

Yes, you can get OBC for every cruise. The amount of OBC varies by the length of the cruise. That is on top of the dividend.

Of course like everything else, this program is subject to change. But I would think given the current economic market they will want to take care of their repeat customers who also happen to be shareholders.

That post was from TEN days ago... now SIRIUS is $0.25

That is both GOOD.... and BAD.... Either I should STAY AWAY from buying more, or I might look back and think why didn't I pick it up for a QUARTER!!! I can't envision them going under - but then again, many BIG names are, so - in this market especially - anything is possible.

Perhaps the GOVERNMENT will BAIL THEM OUT.... yeah, that's the ticket!! :rolleyes:

Tom

Tom

I added music rolls (toilet paper) to my review of Conquest last week just for you.

Thank you. I have just looked at Fidelity and think I will go with them. Thanks for your quick responses. Now, do I fax the info in now for my June cruise or wait until closer to the time? Thanks much

I use Fidelity. I would fax it in as soon as you can for you OBC. I'm faxed in for my next 2 cruises.

Thank you. I have just looked at Fidelity and think I will go with them. Thanks for your quick responses. Now, do I fax the info in now for my June cruise or wait until closer to the time? Thanks much

Yes, you can get OBC right now. I just got response from them ( my cruise in November 09) that they are applying OBC for the cruises up to July 2009.

Archived