Why Carnival?

Seabreeze8

I enjoy being nice to people who have been nice to me :D .

Never had a bad cruise with them.even on their smaller ships.

If you can really call them small,that is .

Sure there is rough weather and seas at times .

But thats mother natures fault.

Thanks so much, everyone, for your comments. We're sold and booked a Hawaiian cruise on the Spirit in May. Honestly, who wouldn't like a good deal? :D The sea days for this cruise are after all the ports, what are some examples of the activities for the sea days? Any cooking class/demo or bridge tours?

Thanks, Debra, for the pictures! Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Love the setting, seafood and the desserts (my weakness) and would definitely try the Supper Club. Sushi bar is next on the list to try.

We enjoy meeting people and from the responses, would love to meet all of you someday. Thanks again!:)

Thanks, Venture. I wonder what kind of food would they serve in the Supper Club? Any sushi or sashimi? We love food and like to try a variety, as long as nothing too exotic like guinea pig or cockroaches. :)

Here's a sample supper club menu to 'feast' your eyes on (pun intended).. ;)

http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Supper_Club

In our opinion it's not to be missed! :)

Try not to compare lines. They all have their differences in a good way...

Which is precisely why comparing lines is indeed a useful and helpful thing to do, especially on these boards. It helps people get a feel for different line's pros and cons, their different 'personalities'; and what or what not to expect..

So we say compare away! :D

We did the supper club on the Valor and what an experience.

The service was absolutley amazing...they served beef only and bring the cuts of meat to the table and explain to you where they come from on the cow!

Nice atmosphere, not hurried, just fantastic. The good was exquisite, but we have found the food on Carnival to be quite good all the time.

Enjoy your cruise. :D

Thanks so much, everyone, for your comments. We're sold and booked a Hawaiian cruise on the Spirit in May. Honestly, who wouldn't like a good deal? :D The sea days for this cruise are after all the ports, what are some examples of the activities for the sea days? Any cooking class/demo or bridge tours?

Thanks, Debra, for the pictures! Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Love the setting, seafood and the desserts (my weakness) and would definitely try the Supper Club. Sushi bar is next on the list to try.

We enjoy meeting people and from the responses, would love to meet all of you someday. Thanks again!:)

Great choice on the ship! Spirit is our favorite ship of Carnival's entire fleet. A bit older than some of the larger megaliners, but still our favorite..

And trust me, we've sailed them all.. ;)

SSN,

I don't think you'll be sorry. I didn't know what the heck I was doing when I booked our first cruise (on the Liberty). If you want other pictures of the food or anything else, check out my Liberty review from 9-13-08. I think the link is this...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=848064

I know you're not going on the Liberty, but you can still see what sorts of things to look for. There is a review that was posted recently (like in the last day or so) by a gal named Brandy... she took pictures of her sushi :)

I'm so happy for you--you're going to love it, I'm sure of it. P.S., I don't know that I'm much younger than you--I turned 50 on the Liberty!

Let us know with a review when you've returned.

we have been on 23 cruises on six lines. four on princess and two on carnival. we like princess very much and prefer anytime dining. carnival, clean, great service, nice cabins, and above all great prices. we love sea days and are about to do our fouth transatlantic next month and this one will be on carnival.

as far as the supper club, carnival is far superior to princess but not at the level of celebrity or RCCL.

:D

Which is precisely why comparing lines is indeed a useful and helpful thing to do, especially on these boards. It helps people get a feel for different line's pros and cons, their different 'personalities'; and what or what not to expect..

So we say compare away! :D

It did not help me:D All I heard on here about Princess was if you were not over 60 you would not blend in:p :p Wrong:D Totally not true...

So that is why I think you should experience it yourself to find out the truth...

Every cruiseline is different........

Carnival is great value for the money. And I loved the super club on the Carnival Pride. I have not been on Princess since 1979. But I have been on a lot of cruises.... Carnival hits most of the imortant things on a conisistant basis.... I have been on Cunard and that was nice. But to me the extra stuff you get is not worth the extra cost. ( I may cruise QM2 again one awesome ship. But my budget says Carnival).

Plus I do like the fun vibe you get on Carnival...

Tom in Long Beach

The conga difference between RCC.. 20 person, Princess..50 person....Carnival 200 to 400 ="s MORE FUN.:D Rcc - larger ships, less Americans, more things to do (rock wall, Ice ring,etc,) Princess - older crowd, small bathrooms, good all around. Carnival - people having fun, better food, ice cream anytime, best bargain, best all round.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! You guys are the best! The links and the pictures give us a really good sense of Carnival cruises and we are getting really excited about our cruise.

I see sushi platter on Supper Club menu, YIPPIE! Going there for sure.:D

Even though the Spirit is an older ship, heard that it will be going to dry dock next year so it would be like a brand new ship to us.

Princess may have an older crowd but we don't have a problem blending in either. The only thing I don't like about Princess is their small bathrooms. :( If Carnival can figure out a way to have a decent room with a bathroom, don't understand why Princess can't, especially when they are sister companies.

Thanks again everyone. We are going to print all the info out and save it for reference. :)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! You guys are the best! The links and the pictures give us a really good sense of Carnival cruises and we are getting really excited about our cruise.

I see sushi platter on Supper Club menu, YIPPIE! Going there for sure.:D

Even though the Spirit is an older ship, heard that it will be going to dry dock next year so it would be like a brand new ship to us.

Princess may have an older crowd but we don't have a problem blending in either. The only thing I don't like about Princess is their small bathrooms. :( If Carnival can figure out a way to have a decent room with a bathroom, don't understand why Princess can't, especially when they are sister companies.

Thanks again everyone. We are going to print all the info out and save it for reference. :)

Here's our bathroom on the Liberty:

DSC01029.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

DSC01028.jpg

I knew these would come in handy someday! LOL....

I'm a plus-sized person and the shower, toilet, etc. all was fine. I actually liked the shower. It was very comfortable.

Hi Debra:

Thanks for the bathroom pics. It looks bigger than the bathrooms that Princess has. That's good because I don't like feeling being claustraphobic. Now if we can get a room with some good natural light coming in, we're set. The problem is that we are on a guarantee and won't know where our cabin is until closer to sail date. I hope it's not too far front because I do get seasickness. Keeping my fingers crossed.....:)

Hi Debra:

Thanks for the bathroom pics. It looks bigger than the bathrooms that Princess has. That's good because I don't like feeling being claustraphobic. Now if we can get a room with some good natural light coming in, we're set. The problem is that we are on a guarantee and won't know where our cabin is until closer to sail date. I hope it's not too far front because I do get seasickness. Keeping my fingers crossed.....:)

SSN,

Go to Walmart and get some Ginger capsules. They REALLY work. We had one rocky "moment" when we left Jamaica. Our headwaiter said it was always like that. I took some ginger capsules (I think one or two) and within MOMENTs it seemed, it was completely gone.

Archived