So what about a CC cruise???

I'm not 100% sure but am interested to hear, we would need two 4berths, as it would be hubby and I and 6 kids ages than would be 12 down to 3, and I would also need to get the kids passports, but sounds exciting to me...

Now off to read the rest of the thread lol

Just wanted to congratulate you all for being so supportive of PAC's suggestion of a CC'ers cruise;) ....we will be in London from early May 2010 until sometime after my sons wedding in Scotland in mid October ...so are a definate NO go:( ...... I will however be watching from the sidelines to see how things go for you all....:D :D cheers shiona

hi gkaclt,

can i make a suggestion why dont you compare cruises with pacific dawn & dawn princess for 2010 also royal caribbean is having the rhapsody in our waters during our summer of 09 up till april 2010, its a lovely ship and quite a lot of our members are going on her this summer including me, they have cruises from 8 nights up to 18 nights during her stay here

if our $$$ picks up it might be worth looking into

I agree thanks PAC for the suggestion, hope you don't mind that I followed it through and seem to have taken on the team leader roll.. It's been a great response from all.

Kelly:o

I don't mind at all Kelly ... just seemed like a good idea to get all those who love cruising so much to cruise all together ... we'd have an absolute ball!

Maria:D

We have just cruised in the July and October school holidays and I have to say I couldn't notice any difference compared to our non-school holiday cruises. You may see more at dinner etc but I never saw kids running all around the place as you might think happens. The 'kids clubs' keep them occupied. When you see the kids concert at the end of the cruise it's always amazing to see just how many were on the cruise. It's like they 'hid them somewhere'!!!!

Now that I can reply to this thread, we love the idea of there being an official Aussie CC cruise, but timing will not allow us to be on this inaugural one - we have 4 booked for '09 already.

I certainly hope Laura can facilitate this for the group, and it becomes the first of many! :)

Waah Waah Waaah . Offical word is NO. so guess we all just have to book with our own agent and go on same cruise. have attached email from Laura.

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent:
Friday, October 24, 2008 3:30 AM

Subject:
Re: CC cruise P&O Australia

Hi there!

Unfortunately, we cannot allow promotion of our group on the forums. If we allowed you to "sell" a group, we'd have to allow everyone. You can still participate on a roll call, and you can even create a banner with a name -- as long as you don't invite anyone to book any specific way, and don't ask folks to email you for information about the specifics of the sailing.

LauraS

Cruise Critic

To:

Sent:
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:35 PM

Subject:

OOOH Laura,

I understand :( Since it is not possible to have a CC group. Would we be able to break the rule a little and organize ourselves. Would could stick to no advertisng on CC just via email. But maybe have a thread with basic info and update.

PLEASE, we are all so exicited....

Kelly

To:

Sent:
Thursday, October 23, 2008 3:48 AM

Subject:

OK, here's what I was able to find out, and it isn't good news. Since P&O isn't a "CLIA" member, our agency that we work with on groups cannot do business with them. Therefore, we cannot open a group to promote on Cruise Critic.

Sorry!

Laura

To:

Sent:
Monday, October 20, 2008 8:10 PM

Subject:
Fw: CC cruise P&O Australia

Hello Laura,

Sorry just checking if you back from holidays and had a chance to catch up with this email yet.

Lots of interest here. numbers around 46Adult & 32 children..

We are looking at P&O pacific Dawn in sept 2010. Sailing from Sydney.

Will wait to hear from you.

Kelly

To:

Sent:
Saturday, October 04, 2008 11:28 PM

Subject:
CC cruise P&O Australia

Hello Laura,

We have started discussion regarding a Cruise in Sept/Oct 2010 on P&O Pacific Dawn, we are currently getting a idea on numbers but would like to check would such a cruise be possible in Australia.
this is the thread should you need it.

Just checking before we all get too excited in case it's not possibly.

Thanks Kelly

HI Kelly

Just want to thank you for all the work you have put into trying to get a CC cruise off the ground....:)

I am sure that it will work out in the end and there will be a cruise, that we are all booked on. Maybe Glenda's idea will work out. If not we can just book our own!!!!!:D

I read this as not being possible due to P&O not being a CLIA member.

We do have two Princess ships here, and Rhapsody is back again next year - although a bit later on the calendar.

Given the interest in that date, you can also choose to do the cruise and have a huge roll up couple of meet & greets onboard - just no group booking and no CC banner. Perhaps a phone call to P&O to see if they have a way of allowing this to happen as a group.

Disappointing for many, I am sure - but CC is a US site.

i've arranged for 43 friends and family to join me on a Rhapsody cruise next april- I just used my preferred travel agent, and booked us all on the same cruise with cabins (mostly) all in one area.

Clearly you cannot promote it as a CC group, neither can you invite other people to join you through this board, but, if you have eachother's personal e-mail addresses why couldn't you arrange it away from the board?

Archived