Carnival Visa Credit card

lauren0309

Does anyone have one of these and how do the points work? I have always cruised Royal Caribbean and have a Royal Caribbean Visa which I got 1 point for every dollar spent and when the points accumulated I was able to cash them in for coupons for onboard credit. Does the points on the Carnival credit card work the same way? I'm thinking of going on a Carnival Cruise and wanted to know how to accumlute points for onboard credit if I apply for a card.

Run very very fast from Sea miles card. They lie lie lie. We signed up for one on board our last cruise and was told that we would get $100 off our next cruise we booked. Then once booked, ( Jan 09) and we called them as told to, they denied knowing of any such promotion. Blamed it on Carnival. Said it must have been one of their people who said it. Seamiles has a bad reputation with probably 97% of the owners of one on here.

will probably end up with a Discover for the cashback. That way I can use rewards for anything I wish.

There are a lot better choices out there than what you are pondering:

Look at CitiCards "Dividend"... or Bank of America CashAwards. They both offer way better cash rewards than what you are considering.

I get about $700 a year back using cash award cards... just received close to $300 cash awards (in a check) last week.

Sweet! :)

I have one and i do agree that it is a farce to book their cruises as you can usually book online from other agencies much cheaper. But when you get double points for carnival cruise which the majority of mine are I redeem my points for airfare which I have to pay anyway. For 2,500 in charges for a carnival cruise you get 5000 points redeemable for cash toward airfare. They send you a check for the airfare credit. It also gives me a credit card that i only use on vacation so would be easy to cancel if lost or taken and not affect another card that I have.

debkjw

I am with the "POS" comment! Points are only good on certain cruises and then sometimes only apply to certain cabins. My last cruise they said it would only apply to the Owner Suite! If I wanted to pay for the Owner Suite I certainly would not need the $125 they were going to give me!

Shredded the card and told them to stick it!

Don't bother with this card. We use many credit card offers & can't think of any card besides this one that proved itself totally worthless (always pay when bill comes in though - if you don't, these "offers" wind up costing you big time in high rates).

Suggestion: Chase Freedom - gives you 1% cash back on purchases, expect grocery or gas purchases, which get 3% cash back. It accumulates on your statement & you turn it in for a check once you reach $50. If you wait until you have $200. worth of cash back (granted, this is $20,000. worth of 1% purchases), then give you an extra $50. bonus! I put my 3 kids' tuitions on this bill, cruise/air costs, car insurance...everything come to think of it - even if it is $5. at CVS & it does accumulate fast. Check for any offers before you sign up. I got $100. to start with for just opening the card & using it for consecutive 3 months. My last cruise I had saved $400. Chase Freedom Cashback & turned it in for $500. (2 - $50. bonuses for every $200. saved), so that paid for a good part of my cruise. In short...forget the seamiles one - get cash back & do what you want with it.

AGAIN....DON'T PUT ON CREDIT CARDS WHAT YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY WHEN THE BILL COMES IN (sorry to be preachy but people get in real trouble with these things)...AND IF YOU MUST, CHECK THE FINANCE RATE!!! GENERALLY CARDS THAT GIVE YOU SOMETHING JUST FOR USING THEM CHARGE A HIGHER RATE!

Chase Freedom is a much better card than the Seamiles

or like Ventureman said....Citi Dividends is also a pretty good card

remember reward cars that pay cash/giftcards are almost always better than travel

Archived