Need Advice on Radiance GS 1030 vs 1060

We currently have GS 1030 booked for Alaska in September 2009. It looks as if the handicap cabin next to it blocks the view forward. The ship appears to curve at that point.

GS 1060 is now available (on the hump) and with a big balcony but it is near the elevators and thus potentially noisy.

Anyone been in these cabins? Should I be trying to change to 1060 (it was not available when I originally booked)?

Really just so excited to be in a GS that I am not sure it matters at all but if I am springing for that kind of money, I would like to think I selected the best of the two.

Thanks for any advice.

If you want a big big balcony, then 1060 is the one for you. I don't remember noise being an issue in that area. But I believe that the hump will obstruct your view more in 1060 than the little jut out you'll have to deal with in 1030. I would stay in 1030 since I think you'll be able to see better than the big hump will allow you to see in 1060. But either cabin is terrific to have! Enjoy!!

You'll feel a lot less movement in 1060 than you will in 1030. The cabins near the hump are very quiet too - so don't worry about that. Much bigger balcony for 1060 too.

Whatever you decide you'll have a great trip! Enjoy.

Archived