Island Star

UK.Girl

I can't actually remember and yet I've been in it dozens of times - it obviously can't be unpleasant or I would remember as I'm fussy!!!! During the day on the days at sea, it does tend to get very crowded, but early in the morning and late in the afternoon and also when in port when everyone is off on excursions, you can usually have a good swim with only a handful of people in there with you.

us too ! hoping that we can visit the beaches without having to get involved in too many expensive trips ! Just depends on whether they are private beaches or not I presume? Have been to the carribbean a few times - but always in hotel complexes so dont know whet its like to do it from a ship .

anje

I'm still trying to track down all the beaches near to the docking points to see if it is feasible to do it on our own by taxi and am also getting the beach reviews from this and other sites to see which are the best (safest) to go to, but we may take the taxi to the ones which the ship excursions do - far more cheaper!

Steve

Hi, :p four of us are on the Island Star for a two week cruise in April 09 and were wondering if the pre paid shore excursions are value for money and if they are suitable for doddery old ge - gentleman and ladies like us?

We have not done this sort of thing before and would be happy for any pointers :confused:

I'm afraid you need to get in touch with your Travel Agent - all cruises on the Star are cancelled after 26th March. I'm really sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you read some of the other threads on this site, you will see the reasons why. I hope you manage to find a good alternative.

:mad: Thanks for the bad news! I have checked around and know a bit more about it now! I have even phoned Island Cruises and they tell me that a letter is on it's way! From what they say there are three options open for picking other cruises on the 'Escape' ?? or on 'Thomsons'?? With all this messing about it would be cheeper to go back to Florida again, (for the 17th time!! :( May just try a Disney cruise?:D

Archived