Sailaway Buffet

toberman

I've heard that the sailaway buffet is not to be missed. Something about seafood, seafood, seafood. We've only sailed once before, and well, missed it. Is it really that wonderful, or maybe just easier than getting dressed up on your first night for the dining room? We love seafood, but, buffet seafood?? :rolleyes:

Doug

Cold seafood (Lobster claws, shrimp and King Crab) in the buffet on the Emerald, Crown and the new Ruby...not so sure about the other ships in the fleet, but I think not

go there first for a snack then hit the dining room later :)

Does anyone know if they hae the seafood buffet on the Coral?

Enjoyed it on the Emerald and hope to do the same on the Coral.

From what we have seen, the seafood buffet is only available on the ships with the Cafe Caribe. Which the Coral does not have, so I would venture to guess that it will not be available on the Coral. Sorry! :(

I love seafood but I did not care for the cold selections they offered. I could take it or leave it.

We found both hot and cold seafood buffets onboard. The sailaway dinner at the buffet was a cold one, but the first formal night was a hot seafood buffet. We joined them both. ;)

we absolutely love the seafood buffet, and I swear we must of eaten over $50 worth of lobster each! and they serve the claws which I personally enjoy the most. They did have a few items that were hot too, but the shrimp, loberster and crab were cold. This was on board the Emerald and it was served in the Horizon Court on the first night. We did it on both sailings we did on the b2b yum.

Anyone know if they have seafood buffet on the Grand will be on her in Feb.

Although the Grand is going into a 6 day wet dock in December, there are no plans to include a Cafe Carbie onboard (and no room for one either). I would seiously doubt if you will find it onboard the Grand princess. We sail on the Grand in January, and am not expecting it to be available for us either. :(

Anyone know if they will be adding it to the Star while in dry dock?

I would also guess no on this one. The Cafe Caribe is an extension to the Horizon Court and the regular Grand Class ships do not have the room to retro fit these as there just isn't any room to add them on.

Its a cold seafood buffet and just ok.

On our first CB cruise, we hit the buffet early evening and then stopped for a late dinner in the dining room. On our second CB cruise we ate in the dining room and just stopped by in the late evening for a seafood snack.

Some people LOVED it and were really filling up. I guess I just don't care that much about cold seafood, since I just found it ok. Its a matter of personal taste.

I would also guess no on this one. The Cafe Caribe is an extension to the Horizon Court and the regular Grand Class ships do not have the room to retro fit these as there just isn't any room to add them on.

Thank you Toto2Kansas.

We have traditional seating. We are torn. We feel we should be in the main dining room the first night to meet our table mates. But we CAN'T miss the seafood! Maybe we will go to the early seating buffet and then go to the main dining room for our late seating and not eat much. Like hardly anything.

Someone said on another post she brought her own Crab Crackers, because they do not provide any. My hubby loves crab, so we will be bringing one for him. I am a shrimp girl myself :)

We have traditional seating. We are torn. We feel we should be in the main dining room the first night to meet our table mates. But we CAN'T miss the seafood! Maybe we will go to the early seating buffet and then go to the main dining room for our late seating and not eat much. Like hardly anything.

Someone said on another post she brought her own Crab Crackers, because they do not provide any. My hubby loves crab, so we will be bringing one for him. I am a shrimp girl myself :)

The lobster claws are already cracked and the king crab is already split in half...not need to bring your crackers.

Good plan about eating schedule :D

Archived