How many Nights for Chef's Table

Cruiser from Kansas

J & B in GA--

Did you try calling Princess and ask? Another option is when you call to reserve at 1pm, ask about it. They should be able to tell you. You could then decide if it is something your group would like to do. I highly recommend people to try it since it was an excellent experience and we appreciated everything they prepared for us. With your group of 8, you will have a great time enjoying the experience together.

I don't know if I would ask about cancelling at the same as I'm asking to be put on the wait list. It may just be reason enough not to be invited.:(

I don't know if I would ask about cancelling at the same as I'm asking to be put on the wait list. It may just be reason enough not to be invited.:(

I thought they are all first come first serve? That was what I was told where we were there. Different ships may have different ways of handling it. May be after you reserve, have someone else call back and ask as a general question, not specifically to your reservation. You should not have to give names to ask a question. Just say you are interested and want to find out the policy before making the decision. There are 8 of you so one of them should be able to help with this task. I would not try to guess since there seems to be no definite answer on this.

Just off the CB. Chef's Table was held once during the week (and the maitre d' said there would only be one because it takes too much time for him, the chef, and the staff to do it more often).

We signed up immediately upon boarding the ship and were first on the wait list. As it turned out, two couples canceled when they found out there was a charge, so we were able to attend. We got a letter late Sunday night or early Monday morning inviting us to a meeting with the maitre d' at 11:30 Monday morning (sea day). He explained the rules and had us sign an acknowledgment. At that time, he asked that if anyone needed to cancel, they do it sooner rather than later. When we asked when the dinner was, he told us we could pick the day. Wednesday (Saint John) was suggested and he readily agreed.

It was a wonderful experience!

Is the Chef's table available on all of the Princess ships? And what is the charge for it?

It's $75 per person, and it's not been rolled out to every ship as yet. It's definitely available on the CB, the Crown, the Emerald, and the Dawn that I know of -- not sure if any other ships have it so far.

My mom, sister and husband attended the Chef's Table on the Golden in September. It was an unbelievable experience. We did not have a meeting beforehand. We did have to sign waivers and then received invitations at our cabin. The tour of the galley, the champagne and appetizers were the best part for me and I think the whole thing was the highlight of the trip for me. :) I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I don't know if they do call people on the waitlist if someone cancels at the last minute. The invitations are personalized. That's part of the experience. My feeling was that it's a very formal "excursion" and they don't want to minimize it by running through a list of people at the last minute hoping to find someone available to fill a spot. If a group is interested, it should be discussed and decided before reserving so as not to minimize the experience of someone else.

Archived