Can anyone tell me about the "Perks "in the RFS on Freedom and Adventure?

Been spoiled in suites on Disney and Ncl- what are the actual benefits of the RFS on Adventure and Freedom? WE had a family suite 4 yeras ago on a non-concierge RCCL ship, the room was big and somehow we kept getting free soda ( my kids were younger then an very cute! )

Sometimes the cruise line, like NCL , doesn;t tell you all the perks- gotta find out here on CC!

Thanks

Kathy

Been spoiled in suites on Disney and Ncl- what are the actual benefits of the RFS on Adventure and Freedom? WE had a family suite 4 yeras ago on a non-concierge RCCL ship, the room was big and somehow we kept getting free soda ( my kids were younger then an very cute! )

Sometimes the cruise line, like NCL , doesn;t tell you all the perks- gotta find out here on CC!

Thanks

Kathy

We were in RFS 9694 on the Adventure this February. The BIGGEST benefit is the BIG space! There were 6 of us - 2 in the master bedroom and 4 in the other and we loved having the extra living room area for sitting or when someone didn't go to bed as early as the rest (usually me). The aft balcony was simply huge. 2 lounge chairs with a drink table and 4 regular chairs with a full-size patio table.

As for other perks, there was a fruit basket waiting for us when we arrived, along with a couple of liter bottles of water. On the second formal night, a cheese plate was waiting when we got back to the room to get ready for dinner.

There was a coffee press, but we only used it once.

The other nice perk WAS the use of the Concierge lounge, which you mentioned was not available with your last family suite. As first-time RCI cruisers, it was nice to have access to the concierge and experienced cruisers for questions, checking out dinner menus, and having a pre-dinner drink. We didn't use the lounge for continental breakfast, but it was available.

Hope this helps! If you have other specific questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Adding to what was written above

--pillow menu

--ice skating tickets waiting in your cabin

--on Freedom I was contacted in advance by the Concierge to prebook excursions, spa appts and specialty dining

--personalized stationery

--they are implementing reserved seating for suite guests

--in the WJ (during breakfast and lunch times) - you take your tray to Portofino to eat.

--reserved pool chairs

--reserved seats at the shows

--Priority Boarding

--invited to special events onboard

--pillow menu

--ice skating tickets waiting in your cabin

--on Freedom I was contacted in advance by the Concierge to prebook excursions, spa appts and specialty dining

--personalized stationery

--they are implementing reserved seating for suite guests

--in the WJ (during breakfast and lunch times) - you take your tray to Portofino to eat.

--reserved pool chairs

--reserved seats at the shows

--Priority Boarding

--invited to special events onboard

Oops! Yes, I forgot some of these from the Adventure, the three in RED were also available to us. The others are either newer, or not in force on Adventure in February 2008. (I heard about pillow menus, but never found one in our room, and didn't ask - had PLENTY of pillows, though!)

And of course, as always, your mileage may vary.

Oops! Yes, I forgot some of these from the Adventure, the three in RED were also available to us. The others are either newer, or not in force on Adventure in February 2008. (I heard about pillow menus, but never found one in our room, and didn't ask - had PLENTY of pillows, though!)

And of course, as always, your mileage may vary.

Milford, did you have a folder in your cabin when you arrived that contained the CL key and the ice skating tickets? That's where we found the pillow menu and the stationery.

And you're right about the other things, they are new and haven't been implemented fleetwide yet. :D

Milford, did you have a folder in your cabin when you arrived that contained the CL key and the ice skating tickets? That's where we found the pillow menu and the stationery.

And you're right about the other things, they are new and haven't been implemented fleetwide yet. :D

Had a folder with the CL key and information. There was also some plain stationery - not personalized. Ice skating tickets came later after we talked to the Concierge about which show we would be better to attend.

--> Mike

Off-topic P.S.: I would like to add that I appreciate all that you add to these boards for family cruising topics! It's a big help!

Off-topic P.S.: I would like to add that I appreciate all that you add to these boards for family cruising topics! It's a big help!

Awww thanks Mike :D

BTW, you weren't missing anything with the "personalized stationery", it was Freedom of the Seas paper with our name typed across the top (or laser jet printer) lol ;)

Archived