Cruise Video Quality

DONDON55

Is it me or what??? Did I expect too much for this video??

I purchased our video for our cruise on the Miracle Sept 14th sailing based on what we saw on our cabin tv's throughout the cruise. I understand that the excursions were separate videos and that's OK because we did not take any ship excursions.

First of all, the chapters list the first video as the sailaway. Our CD does not have the sailaway out of NYC on it. Anyone else missing that piece??

Then the captains dinner has a great shot of my husband and daughter on stage dancing, the deck party has some shots of my two daughers although some of the shots we saw in the cabin are not on the video. The ice carving showed a close up of myself, my husband, and a couple next to us with the wooden monkey drinks on the cabin version, on the CD the couple is there and we were cut.

I expected to see video of the ship arriving in the ports.........when we got off the ship in St Thomas, we were waiting for the Sunny Liston tour and the video camera was right in our face as we came through the little guard shack where the taxis were lined up. We never saw that footage on the cabin tv nor is it on the CD.

Then there is about 35 minutes of the hairiest man competition.......not really a memorable part of the cruise. They could have chosen better footage.........like the passenger talent show. I expected to see that, it was shown on the cabin tv. Or perhaps the singing waiters in the dining room would have been nice to have on the CD........we do have footage of our waiters that my daughters took on their cell phones. Now we just need to figure out how to put them on a DVD.

I am really dissapointed in the coverage of the cruise. It was a waste of $30.00.

I guess next time, I'll bring my own video.

dondon55

I'm sorry that your Voyage Video was a disappointment. I have a number of these and I love them all. Having said that, I don't appear in a single one.

I don't buy these things to see myself. I buy them to see the VOYAGE.

I believe that you have found your own solution... bring a camera and shoot your own video. It's pretty cost effective and the video is personalized!!!

:D

dondon55, i was on the same cruise as you and have a question for you about the dvd. does it have the couples game on it? the game was in the phantom lounge. i think the game was called love & marriage. my wife and i was in the game and i didnt get to buy the dvd. if it was, would you be interested in making a copy of the dvd and i would pay you for it,plus the shipping.

I was on the same sailing and I purchased it too and guess what - no sail away!!! I am not sure if there is a # at the end of the show so I am going to get in touch with someone. The sail away is one of the best parts and should be on there. Sorry that you guys were cut out! I mainly bought it because we were in it too. If they claim that what you see on the tv is what is on the dvd, then I think that is what should be on the dvd!

I do believe that the Love and Marriage game was sold as its own dvd.

dondon55, i was on the same cruise as you and have a question for you about the dvd. does it have the couples game on it? the game was in the phantom lounge. i think the game was called love & marriage. my wife and i was in the game and i didnt get to buy the dvd. if it was, would you be interested in making a copy of the dvd and i would pay you for it,plus the shipping.

love & marraige was not on the dvd..........

I always buy it. Sometimes not everything shown on TV ends up on the DVD though.

Don't you think that is misleading..............I would think showing it on TV is their best selling tool. that is why I bought it, I saw our family on the footage and wanted that souvenier of our trip.

Don't you think that is misleading..............I would think showing it on TV is their best selling tool. that is why I bought it, I saw our family on the footage and wanted that souvenier of our trip.

Typically there are things that are always on them. Sailaway, Hairy chest, pool games, formal night, etc...

Certain things I've never seen on there...newlywed game, port talks, etc...

If you don't have sailaway on it, call Carnival. Or try viewing by chapter insteading playing all. It should be on there but maybe they linked them wrong.

Also, there is a seperate DVD for ports so that's probably where the footage for arrival into ports is.

Did you watch the specific travelogue channel on the TV?

On most sailings they have three different DVD's. One for the overall voyage like everyone here has referenced, one for excursions and then a separate one with the love & marriage game.

We always buy the voyage video and have ended up in all of them, but would only buy the others if we were involved in those excursions or games...

I am not sure what channel it was on in the cabin, we would put it on while getting ready for dinner every night.

We did view the whole CD then did it chapter by chapter. The sailaway is listed as a chapter but it is not there.

I will be calling Carnival about the missing chapter and to register a complaint about the content. What it will do, who knows. I now know that I need bring my own video camera if I want to be sure I get the shots I want.

Thanks for all your comments and input.

dondon55

foxboro ma

I would just call 1-800-Carnival and ask for guest services.

Thanks!!!!

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me! I bought a DVD from our Princess cruise and it did not work at all! Think someone is trying to tell me something! :eek:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you...........we just bought some blank DVD's for my daughters school project and they are figuring out how to transfer our cruise videos from the camera to the DVD. Once they do that we can copy our ship DVD too.

contact me at dondon55@comcast.net

donna

Archived