rain predicted for my Nassau stop... take rain gear?

melisou

has anyone ever packed rain coats or umbrellas for their trip? there is a 60% chance of storms so I don't know if it's worth it or not. that's a lot of extra room in an already stuffed suitcase!

Are these items sold on the ship and if so, are they outrageously expensive? (we'll be on the Disney Wonder) thanks!

Honestly, rain has always been predicted on our Bahamas trips. And do you know what we got, beautiful sunny skies. :D

In tropical weather like the Bahamas, you can just assume there will be a chance of precipitation. It may rain for a minute then stop.

On our Wonder cruise, we had Hanna, Ike AND Joesephine in the weather mix, we got nada. So to answer your question, no I never take umbrellas. I figure if I truly need it, I can buy one when I get there.

has anyone ever packed rain coats or umbrellas for their trip? there is a 60% chance of storms so I don't know if it's worth it or not. that's a lot of extra room in an already stuffed suitcase!

Are these items sold on the ship and if so, are they outrageously expensive? (we'll be on the Disney Wonder) thanks!

We always pack umbrellas when we cruise. the caribbean can have scattered thunderstorms at any point. Umbrellas are lightweight and compact.

Better safe than sorry.....and wet!

We always pack and carry rain ponchos with hoods. Never know when a small shower comes along. We have used them for ground cover also. We purchased the better ones, nylon not plastic, and have used them for years. They are compact and lightweight.

We always pack those compact emergency rain ponchos. They are bright orange and hideously ugly, but you can fit several of them in a small purse. And they are only about $1 each, so if you do use them you can toss them at the end of the cruise, if you don't want to take them home. They also fit nicely into a pocket on cargo pants/shorts - which my family seems to wear quite frequently, so everyone can carry their own.

That said, I've never had to use them as we just ducked into a restaurant during the one rain shower we got stuck in. It was a great excuse to have another beverage before continuing on our walk.

Archived