Fuel Surcharge??

tdcjerry

Actually, i would suspect cruise lines purchase fuel via futures, as many do for heating oil, and that would mean a good while before they catch up to the cheaper cost to them.

think both you and S4POPO are right. It will be at least a few months, depending on what happens to see the sur charge change.

Nita

think both you and S4POPO are right. It will be at least a few months, depending on what happens to see the sur charge change.

Nita

Air France announced today or yesterday that they were either reducing or eliminating the fuel surcharge, can't remember which. So this will trickle down to the other airlines and then I think the pressure will be on the cruise lines.

But most likely one of the cruise lines will jump on it in hopes of increasing business. JMO

Air France announced today or yesterday that they were either reducing or eliminating the fuel surcharge, can't remember which. So this will trickle down to the other airlines and then I think the pressure will be on the cruise lines.

But most likely one of the cruise lines will jump on it in hopes of increasing business. JMO

Here is a copy

Air France and KLM decrease their fuel surcharge

Taking into account fuel price decrease, Air France and KLM are decreasing their fuel surcharge

Taking into account fuel price decrease, Air France and KLM are decreasing their fuel surcharge by :

• 2 euros on domestic flights
  • 3 euros on medium haul flights
  • 15 euros on long haul flights and very long haul flights

This decrease is valid on tickets for trips from France, issued as from October 7th, 2008.

< back

I'm not holding my breath, but it would be fantastic if the surcharges would be reduced. They're $308 for our cruise, but I knew this when I booked it. We have almost a year before the cruise, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I'm not holding my breath, but it would be fantastic if the surcharges would be reduced. They're $308 for our cruise, but I knew this when I booked it. We have almost a year before the cruise, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I agree with you. I dont think they will remove it, since now they got a taste of it by not having to pay for all the fuel on their own.

Archived