Aft balcony on Adventurer

JHealy28S

Aft cabins on decks 8 and 9 are uncovered and get a bit of soot blown onto them. You can wipe it off the chairs easily, but it coats the deck and sticks to your shoes and feet. After having one of these myself, I think I would opt for a side cabin to get a roof and no soot. Or try to get a deck 10 aft. I like to have a covered balcony so that I can sit out regardless of the often brief rain showers at sea. Of course, you do get that extra large balcony if you are aft. Another consideration on Voyager class ships is that all those aft balconies look out through a criss-cross of structural beams. On Radiance class the aft views are totally non-obstructed.

The soot is from the engines, and on our recent cruise it was constant. You can't feel it or see it in the air, only see it on the furniture and deck. It wasn't a real bother except for messing up your feet and shoes. It also makes a mess of the carpet in front of the door to the balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived