Philadelphia Cruise Terminal -Public Transportation

Chase Madison

I know that the Broad Street Subway line in Philly ends at Pattison where all the sports arena/stadiums are. The Navy Yard is just south of this where the terminal is. Will this be too far of a walk to the terminal? Do they let pedestrians in the yard or just vehicles? I'm a good walker and I pack light so the luggage should be no problem. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

We were on RCCL Empress of the Seas from Philly last fall. The luggage was dropped off right at the pier. You are sailing later this fall, the weather should cool enough to walk that far. Wouldn't try it in July/August.

I would be willing to wager though, that many good samaritans will drive by you and offer a lift.

Have a great cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

• 2 weeks later...
I know that the Broad Street Subway line in Philly ends at Pattison where all the sports arena/stadiums are. The Navy Yard is just south of this where the terminal is. Will this be too far of a walk to the terminal? Do they let pedestrians in the yard or just vehicles? I'm a good walker and I pack light so the luggage should be no problem. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello!!

When is your cruise??

I have cruised several times out of Philly, and what you could do is take SEPTA (southeastern pennsylvania transportation authourity) from center city Phila. to the Naval Yard = last year $2.00 or maybe a little more now with gas prices having gone up. This bus runs once an hour from center city to the Naval Yard (Sat. and Sun.). From my memory, it is the #17. You could also call SEPTA and ask them for a schedule. It is a very short walk from where the bus drops you off to the terminal assuming you are in "walking" shape. I felt it was a "piece of cake" because I have literally walked on the ship as soon as I was off the bus. OR take a cab from center city. I do not know what the cost woudld be now. I have taken several cruises with RCL out of Philly and also repositionings, but we were told that the new RCL ships can not fit under the bridges anymore which is why they are not in Phila. since last year. I do know for a fact that the Enchantment will fit under the bridges because it is the first cruise I took with RCL out of Philly.

Let me know what you decide and have a wonderful time!!!

Let me know how you like NCL as I am contmeplating crusing with them as I only live 15 miles from Phila.

Happy Cruising,

NewJersey222

Marie:o :) :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

You can take the Broad Street (Orange) Line to Broad and Pattison, then transfer to the Route #71 (Navy Yard Shuttle) which runs every 20 minutes or so during weekdays or the Route #17, which runs on weekdays and weekends. I wish they would add a serious caribbean cruise to Philly. A seven day which parallels the itineraries of the ships that go out of Bayonne or NYC, would reach the cruisers like me who go to NYC or fly to Florida.

Archived