Thanks PB Tom!

jerzzgirl

DH and I were at PB on Wednesday. DH was a little paranoid about being in Mexico and having our belongings on the beach while we swam (you know the stories..) Anyway, PB Tom came over and said hi and introduced himself putting my husband at ease. Tom was very nice and friendly and made sure we were having fun and being taken care of. We had an excellent day there and DH kept remarking how beautiful the beach was. Nachos were very good as was the service. This was the highlight of our trip and plan on going back the next time we're in Cozumel!!!! :)

jerzzgirl...always nice meeting CCers on my rounds...glad you had a great time at PB and considered us the highlight of your trip! Hasta la vista!

DEBO1O...we're located about 5 miles from Puerta Maya and International piers and about 8 miles from Punta Langosta pier, downtown. Taxi fare will be either $12USD or $13USD, per cab, one way, for up to 4 people. You can usually squeeze another one in for 2-3 dollars more...see you soon!

PB Tom,

thanks for the info. we're now a group of 6 so it will take 2 taxicabs.

I have another question for you, somewhere on these boards I saw that someone was bringing supplies to kids in need, but I cannot find that posting again. Can you give me more information on this? i.e., is there a need (or did I misunderstand the posting)?, what kind of supplies are needed?, where to bring them?

Any information appreciated.

thanks again,

-Deb.

Many generous CCers have donated school supplies to our poorer kids here on the island. Especially after the huge flood we had here in June (29 inches of rain in 36 hrs), there is more of a need than ever, with many families losing everything. Here are some websites that'll give you the big picture of what the Chrysalis charity does for the kids and what they need. It's not listed on the website, but we accept donations here at PB, and forward them along. Got a huge bag full o stuff yesterday from someone who told me that all the school supplies are ridiculously discounted right now!

http://www.cozumel-click.com/chrysalis.html

http://www.geocities.com/smallsal/chrysalis/

Here's some more info courtesy of an old post of Sally's:

The Cozumel Chrysalis Groups supports children from less fortunate families by providing school uniforms, shoes and school supplies. For high school students, inscription fees and book fees are also paid. Chrysalis helped 186 students in the 2003-2004 school year that is just ending. The list for next year was just finalized yesterday and includes 276 students. Some of these students will move off the island over the summer, some will not pass the test to get into high school, so we anticipate a final number close to 250.

Gently used backpacks are fine, broken zippers and fraying edges are not. We want these kids to look like any other student at their school. Chrysalis collects cash donations and school supplies from island visitors all year long. The current NEED LIST includes glue sticks, scientific calculators, ink erasers and backpacks. Also, some schools are requiring blank computer diskettes. Other items can be purchased here if we still need them. Please no more pencils! We have a billion!

Thank you so much in advance for you generous donations!

Sally Hurwitch

Cozumel Chrysalis Group

Archived