Three formal nights.Only long gowns?

Acrusa

My wife and I are first time SS cruises.We are on the Silver Wind in March.My wife would like to know if for one of the formal nights,If a dressy cocktail suit or dressy pants suit are worn by most of the woman on board.Or are long gowns the rule.

If she is "dressed up" (in either a dressy pantsuit, cocktail dress, or formal dress), she'll fit in fine. She'd have to work pretty hard to stand out at either extreme (because there's always somebody pushing the envelope on both sides).

Acrusa. we will be on the Wind in March from Capetown... I have a long skirt with different tops, as well as pants with different tops makes for much easier packing and I feel very comfortable. There are short dressy dresses, and as always the very overdressed..but you will be comfortable, as long as you are neatly dressed.

Justan,Thank you for your reply.Thats exactly the way my wife was planning on dressing for formal nights.We just recieved all our flight ticket's from South African Air and Air Mauritius,and looking foward to our cruise.

Archived