Upgrade Question

gnswedding

Does anyone know if it's possible to get another upgrade after a cabin has been assigned to you? We booked a guarantee and got a decent upgrade but am wondering if the upgrade fairy ever strikes again. We're extremely happy with what we have...just wanted to know if we should cross our fingers, eyes and toes some more... :D

Also - is it possible for anyone to get downgraded to their guaranteed category once they've already been upgraded?

Yes, it can happen.

We always give the advice to book the minimum cabin you will be happy in and pay for it. It can be very disappointing to start to believe you can get a considerably higher category than what you bought.

Of course, it does happen but is rare.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get another upgrade after a cabin has been assigned to you?
Yes. It is infrequent, but it happens. On our cruise coming up in 6 days a woman booked an N Guar and was initially given an I. Two days ago she was changed to a VA!! :eek:

Also - is it possible for anyone to get downgraded to their guaranteed category once they've already been upgraded?

I have never heard of that happening. However, I have heard of HAL sometimes asking people to take a "buy down" - move to a lower cabin in exchange for OBCs or a cheap fare on a future cruise, etc. These requests can be refused - and an initial refusal will sometimes make the offer better.

Dumb question time: How does one get an upgrade or file for a guaranteed upgrade?
Just tell your TA that you'd be willing to take one. Be aware that what HAL considers an upgrade - you may not (i.e. a nice midships inside to an outside in the bow - where you WILL be the first to know when the ship arrives in port :eek: ).

And you are probably stuck with the 'upgrade'. If you don't care at all about your location, it is a good opportunity.

Archived