AFT or FORWARD on the Star

kitkat32

First off, let me say thanks for all the fantastic information I have obtained by just reading this site and for some hilarious laughs by some of you. I wanted to get an opinion or two and see if I made the right decision. I'm scheduled on the Star in a couple of weeks to mexico and purchased the AE aft with the wrap around balcony. Today I received a call saying I can get a "free" upgrade to an AC (which is a forward and larger suite) or pay a little extra for an AB suite. I decided to stay with my AE aft due to the wrap around balcony and because I've been reading from some of you folks how much you love the AFT. I know we are going to have a fantastic time regardless, jut wanted to see what you all thought. Thanks in advance!!!!

Don't want to dissappoint you much, but the balcony does not wrap around very much. It looks like it in the pictures, but there is a barrier that keeps your balcony from going all the way around. You still have a great suite as we almost always book an AE unless it's a longer cruise than we take an AB for the seperate bedroom and huge bath. The AC's have a huge balcony or not same with room size as it depends on what deck you're on. I think you made the right choice--you'll love the stern!:D

Don't know what cabin you are in already, but we have been in 9232 twice on the Star and it is a fantastic suite with a fab wrap around balcony. I would stay where you are. I know we wouldn't take that cabin change. We wouldn't give up the Aft except if they put us in the Garden Villa for free...

Sounds like I'm the only one who would have a problem deciding between the AE and the AC. I loved both of them! :D And I wouldn't hesitate to cruise in either.

The location at the aft is great for us, too, as most of what we do is centered back there. But, that huge balcony and the forward view when approaching the ports is hard to beat. What a [great] predicament!

Don't want to dissappoint you much, but the balcony does not wrap around very much. It looks like it in the pictures, but there is a barrier that keeps your balcony from going all the way around. You still have a great suite as we almost always book an AE unless it's a longer cruise than we take an AB for the seperate bedroom and huge bath. The AC's have a huge balcony or not same with room size as it depends on what deck you're on. I think you made the right choice--you'll love the stern!:D

This is actually misleading too. If you are on decks 8 and 9 the balcony actually does wrap all the way around and you have access to it. The AE's with the wrap around on deck 10 has the barrier. I may have it backwards.. it maybe 9 and 10 that have full access.. I do know for sure there are two of them that have full access to the wrap around, and deck 9 is one of them because we were in 9232 and we had full access.

This is actually misleading too. If you are on decks 8 and 9 the balcony actually does wrap all the way around and you have access to it. The AE's with the wrap around on deck 10 has the barrier. I may have it backwards.. it maybe 9 and 10 that have full access.. I do know for sure there are two of them that have full access to the wrap around, and deck 9 is one of them because we were in 9232 and we had full access.

We where in 9732 and I don't remember it going that far around, I know it curved, but didn't seem like it went as far around as I thought it should. They are longer than the other one's on deck 10. Anyway a stern suite is better than no stern suite. We can both agree on that!!:D

You guys are the best! Thanks so much for your help and assurance. We are on deck 8 and it does wrap around and I think that was the selling point when we booked our cabin. I can't thank all of you enough - you guys all know your stuff. I haven't been on NCL in about 8 years so I am so looking forward to this.

You guys are the best! Thanks so much for your help and assurance. We are on deck 8 and it does wrap around and I think that was the selling point when we booked our cabin. I can't thank all of you enough - you guys all know your stuff. I haven't been on NCL in about 8 years so I am so looking forward to this.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy yourself---your going to love the service and pampering that goes along with AE suite.

Enjoy:D :D

Retiredonthesea

Archived