ANYONE that has been to Costa Maya 10/08...

marci4tony

Please post some info here.

We realize there are a very limited number of ships scheduled there, and for those of us that will be visiting, we need information please.:(

Thank you.

...condition of the port...

...condition of the dock/shops...

...what is open and what is not...

...excursions (or lack thereof)...

...condition of the reef/water...

I stand corrected...although I had seen a post about a MAGIC picture in port at CM and now I am unable to find it...???

As of Wednesday, this is the update...Hopefully we can get some updates within the next couple of weeks.

"Carnival Corporation & plc’s (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) pier at Puerta Maya in Cozumel, Mexico – closed since being damaged by Hurricane Wilma in 2005 – will officially re-open when the 2,052-passenger Carnival Ecstasy and 2,056-passenger Carnival Fantasy visit the facility on Thursday, Oct. 16.

Representing an investment of more than $50 million, the new two-berth pier has been specifically constructed to withstand a threshold category 5 hurricane and can accommodate any ship among Carnival Corporation & plc’s various cruise brands.

In addition to the newly rebuilt pier, Puerta Maya’s nine-acre cruise center, which features a wide variety of shops and restaurants, will also re-open, along with a four-acre transportation hub capable of accommodating dozens of taxis and tour buses. Four rental car facilities will be available, as well.

The Oct. 16 calls by the Carnival Fantasy and Carnival Ecstasy will be the first of 550 cruise-ship visits at Puerta Maya over the next year. In addition to calling at Puerta Maya, vessels from Carnival Corporation & plc brands will continue to utilize the other two piers in Cozumel..."

They have been back - One of the Disney ships docked there last week.

Anyone off that ship??

Magic absolutely did NOT stop there last week, I was on the ship. Originally our sailing was to be the first ship back in port, but we knew several months ago the ship would not be going to Costa Maya. Your cruise line should be able to let you know about any changes to the itinerary.

I guess they will port someone when they are good and ready.

However, I did find this...and I checked out the website and it looks like a blast!!

Costa Maya is welcoming cruise ship passengers back to its shores with a unique Mayan-flavored zip-lining adventure that takes guests through the lush jungle of the Yucatan Peninsula. Offered as a three-part excursion, BioMaya Bacalar greets guests with a symbolic soul-cleansing ritual performed by local Mayans, sending guests off on their zip-lining journey. After soaring through the Mayan jungle alongside red-winged Macaws, the last platform leaves guests at the edge of the beautiful Bacalar Lagoon, known by locals as the birthplace of the rainbow. Guests cool off as they float across the calm waters, where the colors vary from light green to turquoise and electric blue. On the other side of the Bacalar Lagoon, native fruit juices and other Mexican delicacies await guests before they embark on a picturesque trek through the lush local jungle.

BioMaya Bacalar’s four platforms are built on iron towers ranging from 656 feet to 2,559 feet, allowing for some of the tallest jumping platforms available and making this zip line experience one of the most thrilling of its kind! This zip-line tour is the only one in the world that allows for tandem side-by-side gliding.

If you Google BioMaya Bacalar, (I dont remember the actual site) you should be able to find the website. I believe it's in Spanish - but GOOGLE translates pretty good. The pictures are incredible...

I will keep adding information as I find it AND I will be very thorough when I get back. Again, I'm on the LEGEND (Carnival) 11/2 out of Tampa. I doubt we will be the FIRST one back, but even so - Hey, it's a brand spanking new port, and there will be some deals to be had! Right?

Archived