Black Prince omg

bossmum1

Hi before i tell you guys of our hol on Black Prince Can i say hi to those we met in Gran Canaria. fronm the Ventura Wow what a big Ship ours looked like a tug boat. We had great time chatting to you all. hope you had a great trip.

So you want the truth about the Black Prince. Here goes. This ship is not for the faint hearted. We think this ship is passed its sell by date. This was our first cruise and our last on this ship The noise and rocking of the ship was so bad some passangers left at ports to fly back home. A lot of the quests where sea sick due to the swaying of this ship. We would not sail on this ship ever again.

The waiters and house keepers where fantastic and work i have never seen anyone work as hard as they do. they just never stop. A special thanks goes to Johnathen and Ruben who served at our table they where great. The entertainment not up to much but Ray the singer gets my vote and he is so cute. If we can have these guys again on a ship that peaceful and calm with no rocking i will book another tomorrow. So if anyone know of a ship that can handle the 4 days solid at sea without the rocking and swaying and loud drowning noise. let me know.

Chrissy

• 1 month later...

Black Prince may move a little when the sea is rough, but then so do most ships. QE2 would roll on a damp lawn - I have had a rough trip on her when even some of the stewards were seasick.

The sea is not rough all the time, and in some areas it is far less likely to be a problem.

I note that you have booked again on BP, for the cruise to North Cape. Most of the sailing in Norwegian waters will be sheltered, so not too much to worry about there.

Relax, enjoy the homely atmosphere on board, and the wonderful scenery.

Yes I have to agree with the OP to some extent -BP is past its sell by date and thats why its leaving the fleet very soon.

BP has never been most FO cruisers favorite choice, that honor belongs to Black Watch, and I like Braemar.

Try Balmoral, same ambience, newer bigger ship, more stable, might suit you better.

Fortunately I enjoy a rough sea but I can appreciate that few do.

If you are sailing FO again to the North Cape then usually those cruises are around midsummer so it wil be pretty calm, even in the North Sea.

Yes I have to agree with the OP to some extent -BP is past its sell by date and thats why its leaving the fleet very soon.

BP has never been most FO cruisers favorite choice, that honor belongs to Black Watch, and I like Braemar.

Try Balmoral, same ambience, newer bigger ship, more stable, might suit you better.

Fortunately I enjoy a rough sea but I can appreciate that few do.

If you are sailing FO again to the North Cape then usually those cruises are around midsummer so it wil be pretty calm, even in the North Sea.

Thanks for replys. Hopefuuly we have better travel going to North Cape 23rd June, hoping to see the odd member of staff they where brill ans work so hard. We are thinking of Black Watch or Braemar for 2100 were to we dont know yet.

• 2 months later...

We are off on Black Prince soon. Last went two years ago. Lots of rocking and rolling across the Atlantic. We bobbed along like a cork, twisting and bucking. Not only did we get a cruise, we got a fairground ride as well. After three hours of sickness, I discovered tonic water, cokecola, and accupressure pads for my wrists. Bingo - no we didn't play that. I learned to waltz on a 45 degree dance floor, now I can't waltz on the flat, so we've booked again.

Really - try the acupressure pads and the tonic water etc etc. i don't normally get any sea sickness at all, but this one time, they really did work.

Enjoy your next cruise

Hi i hope you enjoy your cruise, Cannot wait till June for ours. Yes a rollcoaster but this time we are ready for the rock and roll ride. I hope Johnathen and Ruben are still working hard in the dining room THEY worked so hard and always a smile. Enjoy and come back and tell us all about it. :p

I only made my first voyage on BLACK PRINCE in August 2008 on BP819 and wished I had made the effort to travel on her many years before I actually did.

After disembarking I booked on to the next available cruise which fitted into my available holidays (August 2009) and that will be my last. :-((

Yes Ruban was my waiter and Joseph the wine waiter.

Whilst I have sailed a lot on scheduled ferry sailing BLACK PRINCE was my first "cruise ship". Therefore, being a converted ro/ro ferry I felt at home - the vibrations and engine noise sounded natural - I slept soundly.

I really like this little ship and I feel so sad that Fred. Olsen have decided to retire her this year.

She feels like a ferry, has a bit of heritage, a great crew ... I have one more trip to look forward to and I dare say by this time next year will be a pile of scrap on some asian beach. All rather depressing.

I am looking forward to a trip on BLACK WATCH in April with some interest but for a ferry affecionado who travelled extensively on the Isle of Man Steam Packet's LADY OF MANN the BLACK PRINCE will be for ever in my heart.

John

Yes bless Black Prince a nice friendly crew, Ruben and Johnathan where great got pics to prove the fun we had, quess they will be long gone before we sail. How they work.

We booked as soon as we heard she was to retire, that was in nov, it took out TA 45mins just to get through to book, only a few available places. I had done some research online found a TA online got all the info cabins availabe, etc, then went to our local TA,S to book as i had cabins available so knew which one we wanted, sneeky or what, I gave Black Prince a bad review but will be sad, The last cruise will be the hardest im glad we not going on that one.

We are hoping to book Boudica for 2010

Where are you going on The Black Watch. have a great time

Chrissy.

Archived