Love and Marriage game contestants

MDnOH

They are chosen right out of the audience just before the show starts. They look for a newlywed couple, a couple married about 25 years and then possibly a 50 year married couple. Anyone in the audience has a chance of making the stage.

Sit as close to the stage as possible and go for it. ;)

couple married the longest, newlywed couple and one married in between...like 20-25 years or so. Newlyweds have to "audition" in front of everyone to get chosen. They supposedly go by audience applause. On AOS in August one newlywed wife took her shirt off during the audition :eek: That couple was picked :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how the contestants are chosen for this game?

Normally by marriage range: Newlyweds, mid range 10-20 years married, long term marriage 40-50+years. Anyone that wants to play is asked to stand up. For the newlyweds it is either the newest married or a funny game type for selection depending on the cruise director. The middle group is from what I have see the best kisser or something like that decided by the audience and the oldest group is that longest married couple that wants to play and it is normally a funny old couple that are not afraid to say anything. We were the newlyweds on out first cruise.

I try to make it there early because the selection process is as fun as the game itself.

Usually there is one couple that has been married the longest. On the newlyweds I've seen it 2 ways, usually it depends on how many honeymooning couples they have onboard - the couple that has been married the shortest length of time or they do a game to choose. Usually the middle couple it is a competition to see who can do the best rendition of "Ooo baby, ooo baby, I wanna play, I wanna play."

We got nailed to participate on our Majesty cruise(married only 2 years). The CD asked for volunteers and my wife's entire family screamed and pointed at us. So sure enough we were pulled on stage. It was fun but would of been better if my wife's very catholic family wasn't in the audience to listen to the answers.;)

If you really want to be on it may help to befriend the cruise director early on in the cruise and let him know that you'd love to be a participant. That route worked for us on Celebrity.

And where was the "strangest" place you have "done it", or do I have to buy the CD?

WE were the newlyweds on Sov back on Sept 7th, 1997. :D

There is nooooo way I would subject myself to the "oooh baby" act that the couples have to do now. :eek:

My husband and I were the longest married in the audience when we sailed the Empress last year. 50 years. I said it softly and the lady in front of me kept pointing.

If I ever got up on that stage with my husband, we would be divorced the next day. He loves to see me turn beet red. :eek: :rolleyes: :o

My husband and I were the oldest married in the audience when we sailed the Empress last year. 50 years. I said it softly and the lady in front of me kept pointing.

If I ever got up on that stage with my husband, we would be divorced the next day. He loves to see my turn beet red. :eek: :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, we were lucky to make it off the ship still married. I was known as "Hey there's BOOB GIRL!" for the rest of the cruise. :o

But we won and I got a bottle of bubbly, duffle bags, key chains and cup coolers. ;)

Oh yeah, we were lucky to make it off the ship still married. I was known as "Hey there's BOOB GIRL!" for the rest of the cruise. :o

But we won and I got a bottle of bubbly, duffle bags, key chains and cup coolers. ;)

You are lucky. I would have been called boobless. :o Because if they asked him what I want more of? That would be the answer. :p Boobs. :D

You are lucky. I would have been called boobless. :o Because if they asked him what I want more of? That would be the answer. :p Boobs. :D

No the question was "What is the first thing you touch in the morning when you wake up?" and his answer "Her boobs" :eek:

What a goof. He is still lucky he's had 11 years with me...lol. :p

Does anyone know how the contestants are chosen for this game?

Start by sharing a bottle of bubbly with your dinner table mates, slip into the rear of the theater to have a "laugh" at the couples on stage, hear your loving husband yell out "33 years" and then have the house cheering you onto the stage to become their "laugh" for the night. Results = instant celebrity status with no place to hide and a continuous review of the evening courtesy of in house TV. What a cruise!:o Oh, and did I memtion they actually present you with a tape to take home so you don't forget the evening. Yes we are still together, for now...:D

Better than what my wife and I just expericenced on the Enchantment Newlywed game. The three hubby's were asked about the strangest place they have ever made woopie....

Idiot #1 actually said "in the bu#%"......

What a total jack$#% he made of himself.....wife was so embarrassed.

Start by sharing a bottle of bubbly with your dinner table mates, slip into the rear of the theater to have a "laugh" at the couples on stage, hear your loving husband yell out "33 years" and then have the house cheering you onto the stage to become their "laugh" for the night. Results = instant celebrity status with no place to hide and a continuous review of the evening courtesy of in house TV. What a cruise!:o Oh, and did I memtion they actually present you with a tape to take home so you don't forget the evening. Yes we are still together, for now...:D

I would have gone out the back exit so fast the carpet would have burned up. :eek:

Better than what my wife and I just expericenced on the Enchantment Newlywed game. The three hubby's were asked about the strangest place they have ever made woopie....

Idiot #1 actually said "in the bu#%"......

What a total jack$#% he made of himself.....wife was so embarrassed.

I really feel bad for her in more ways than one. :rolleyes:

PS, Do you all think we scared away the OP by now?

I would have gone out the back exit so fast the carpet would have burned up. :eek:

Well, that's where the bottle of bubbly & cheering theater came into play. It lasted right up until I sat in the chair on stage with the bright lights in my eyes. Then it hit. "Are ya nuts":eek: , but it was too late to find the door at that point.

Well, that's where the bottle of bubbly & cheering theater came into play. It lasted right up until I sat in the chair on stage with the bright lights in my eyes. Then it hit. "Are ya nuts":eek: , but it was too late to find the door at that point.

Did the "Bright Lights" make you feel like you were being interrogated? :eek: :D

You actually were you know. :D

Did the "Bright Lights" make you feel like you were being interrogated? :eek: :D

You actually were you know. :D

Yes, and how well I know!!! It was a true test of our love. Good thing he's a really good guy. I told my son I may let him see the disk when he hits, lets say 30, maybe.

Yes, and how well I know!!! It was a true test of our love. Good thing he's a really good guy. I told my son I may let him see the disk when he hits, lets say 30, maybe.

Trust me. Never let him see it. They can't take it at any age. :eek: :D

Their parents don't do those things. :rolleyes: :D :D

Trust me. Never let him see it. They can't take it at any age. :eek: :D

Their parents don't do those things. :rolleyes: :D :D

That was my line of thought. I do know one thing for sure, on our next cruise I'll either be playing the slots, or getting a very expensive massage or maybe I'll be checking out the onboard shops during that time frame, but I'll be no where near the theater with this guy. :)

Archived