Buying Photos on Ship - Prices and Promotions?

bqkali

We got a hint from grandma today that she'd love a nice photo of us for Christmas. Since we don't return until Dec. 22nd, we won't really have time to look through all our photos and order an 8x10 of one of our favorites in time - so we are thinking about splurging to get one of the professional ship pictures. After all, it's a gift and it's for someone very special!

Does anyone have a rough idea of what photos cost? We would be most interested in 5x7 or 8x10 size, perhaps a small package if it works out to be a great deal. Also, do they discount the photos as the week go on with special promotions or does it not matter which day you buy them?

Thanks so much! This board always has all the answers :)

I wish I could help you out on the price or promotions, etc, but all I can remember is the little 3x4 or 4x5, whatever that size is, were like $19.99 or $24.99, something like that. There was a promo towards the end of the cruise and I actually think even the day we disembarked you could still purchase pics, but I can't remember what the exact promo was. I really wanted to post, more than anything, to tell you I think that is a great christmas gift idea and the 8x10.. well.. it might end up being expensive onboard, but probably not compared to a stuido quality picture and that is what you will be getting.

5x7 $14.99

8x10 $24.99

You should be able to come home with a nice picture since there are many opportunities to have pictures taken. Have them taken several times but wait til near the end of the cruise to pick out the best one. With sitting fees, you would NEVER be able to get an 8x10 for $24.99 at home.

Sometimes there are promotions for little extras like a key chain made out of a smaller picture but the prices always stay the same. Afterall, if they reduced them at the end of the cruise, everyone would wait til then to purchase them.;)

To recap: Have them taken several times.

Never purchase from the first set.

Wait til near the end and pick the best.

On the SKy 8X10 $19.99 5X7 14.99 and they had a package of 1 8X10 and 1 5X7 for $24.99 but it was limited to the embark photo.

The NCL coupon books have a coupon buy 3 5X7 get a free key chain. I attempted to use that coupon when buying 1 8X10 and 2 5X7 and was told no. I have an extra coupon if you would like it I will be happy to mail it to you.

I was on the pearl in July and if you bought 3 8x10's they gave you a free leather folder/book with the picture of the ship. Its really not that expensive when you think about it. They are free to take, if they dont come out well you dont have to buy them and you are out no money. I would say get them done and see how they come out.

We get a family picture made on every cruise, because compared to the studio it's much cheaper. Also, they are not marked as professional so you can take them into Walgreens etc and get copies made. As long as you are making the same size print or smaller, they turn out great. We are planning on doing this for our chirstmas pictures as well, because we also don't return until dec 22. If you are on the jewel, there is a roll call started. Look us up.

Jen

We got a hint from grandma today that she'd love a nice photo of us for Christmas. Since we don't return until Dec. 22nd, we won't really have time to look through all our photos and order an 8x10 of one of our favorites in time - so we are thinking about splurging to get one of the professional ship pictures. After all, it's a gift and it's for someone very special!

Does anyone have a rough idea of what photos cost? We would be most interested in 5x7 or 8x10 size, perhaps a small package if it works out to be a great deal. Also, do they discount the photos as the week go on with special promotions or does it not matter which day you buy them?

Thanks so much! This board always has all the answers :)

We've found discounts the last morning of the cruise...if someone can get down there to dig them out of the "pile":)

We've found discounts the last morning of the cruise...if someone can get down there to dig them out of the "pile":)

LOL and quite a pile it is. Cosmo is correct I remeber a discount on the last night of the cruise. In fact made a mental note to remember that for our upcoming Jan cruise.

Thanks for all the input! We're definitely planning on posing for the camera as much as possible, and I guess we'll wait until the end of the cruise to pick our favorites. We also have the coupon for a free key chain with purchase of 3 5x7s, so maybe we'll put it to use :)

Archived