What is your favorite Cruise Line?

Grey_Goose

What is your favorite Cruise Line?  

570 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Cruise Line?

It has to do with freestyle, friendly crew and relaxed atmosphere as well as itineraries. if you are inclined to like to be pampered or a bit on the snobby side NCL wouldn't be the best choice I don't think: it's just has a real good, comfortable feeling. Celebrity would be second for me: I think it's upscale but not as much so as I had expected. A 2 oz glass of champange upon arrival isn't going to make me book a cruise. I do like the spa treatments better on Celebrity and love the T pools, but the regular pool area on the newer NCL ships are better and the cabin size on the Sun and Constellation were identical: both balcony cabins. NMNita

I had to give my vote to NCL. They got us with the relaxed freestyle atmosphere which just fits what we're looking for (for now). However, Disney is a close second... it's a great line to cruise if you're taking younger children.

nmnita,

Thanks for the insight on celebrity. I once booked a cruise on celebrity but wasn't able to go so I had to cancel!! Was I ever bummed. I do love the freestyle dining on NCL - and Carnival seemed a little to Las Vegas glitzy for me.

shiprat

I have cruised most lines and believe that Princess and RCCL suited my wife and I best.... A new large Princess ship and an older RCCL both were very nice... One a balcony and one an inside room so it was not the location.... Sailed on the Carnival Conquest out of New Orleans and also liked that ship and what it offerred... ( Sailed these three in 2002, 2003 & 2003..) Other cruises over the past 25 years ....

Will be on the NCL POA soon and will form an opinion on NCL at that time....

As much as we like NCL, Radisson will spoil you for any other cruise line. It is more expensive but if you get a suite on a regular cruise line, add the cost of wine and other beverages and gratuities, the price is comparable. You get a large cabin with walk-in closet, unlimited bottled water and soft drinks, a choice of two bottles of liquor, unlimited wine with meals and gratuities are included. Radisson has their own version of freestyle dining with open seating at any time in their dining rooms. The food is superb and the service excellent. Entertainment is first rate. Finally, the small number of passengers (less than 500 on Navigator) makes embarkation, tendering and debarkation a breeze.

I voted for NCL although I've never been on a cruise that I didn't enjoy. I love the resort casual dress code and the number/diversity of cuisines offered, especially on the newer ships. I also love eating when I'm actually hungry and/or when it fits my schedule. I prefer that to the fixed times of traditional dining. I also like not being locked in to the same set of tablemates for the entire cruise. If I'm in the mood for an intimate dinner, I can ask for a table for two; if I've met fellow cruisers that I would like to get to know better I can arrange to have dinner with them. To me, NCL's Freestyle is the way to go. All that said, I would still book a traditional cruise if the itinerary, schedule and price were right.

We have been courted by many different cruise lines with enticing offers and great deals to sail-but we have NEVER had a bad trip on Norwegian Cruise Line-so why switch?

Especially now that we can conveniently depart from NYC with my DH who detests flying

(I'll never get him to Tahiti or back to Hawai'i!! drats)

Freestyle is the best after having to dress up for work all the time-the crew is excellent-food is good-I'm a happy sailor!

~We love NCL~

I've only been on Disney (2 times) and Princess (once) so far ... but I did not like Princess at all and LOVED Disney.

And I'm in my mid 20s with no kids. I travel with my mom-we're both huge Disney fans and say that even if you're traveling without kids Disney is great. They do such a good job keeping the kids entertained you don't see them much! Both my Disney cruises had 1000 kids on board, and even though Princess only had 500 it seemed like there were more kids on Princess. And Disney is all about customer service so they do a GREAT job at going above and beyond to make you happy.

My favorite cruise line is the one I am booked on next!!!!!!Whatever one that one is.

Truthfully, I have loved every cruise I have been on including Norwegian, Carnival, Premier and Regal. I really love cruising out of New York whereever a cruise will take me.

Just being booked on a cruise makes me HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

I too, voted for NCL....mostly because it is the only cruise line I have been on. 8 total in the last 4 years. However I am thinking about stepping out of my NCL box, not because I'm unhappy but because I feel I need something to compare NCL with.

OceanDreams

We have sailed on five NCL cruises but only three ships. The Dawn being the newest. I love NCL for pioneering freestyle and the "homeland cruising". Having the ships in NYC and Boston is nice for a family since flying everyone to FL can be pricey. If we had to do that we may not have been able to go. Dining on the Dawn was wonderful with so many choices. The kids buffeted while we went to Impressions, something for everyone.

I also appreciate that NCL does not cram too many people onboard and compromise their service. I felt a little like cattle on Carnival, especially at the feeding trough (buffet).

Hey Shiprat, I was afraid of lines like Radisson because I thought everyone would be stuffy and make me feel out of place. Is it a casual environment?

NCL has the best credit card point system. We get a free or very low cost cruise almost every year. The NYC departure is great. Year round out of Baltimore or Alexandria, VA would be even better.

CSM

NCL -- but I've only been on 2 cruises, both NCL. However, we're happy enough with the freestyle dining that it may take a fair amount to get me to switch, especially with the NCL mastercard that is happily earning points for my next NCL cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

But thanks, Dolphins, for your insight -- maybe we'll try Radisson some day! I've been thinking someday we need to "branch out" and try other lines -- I was thinking Princess (for their personal choice dining) and maybe RCCL (just "because"). For the last five years, though, NCL has suited us as far as itinerary, ship and home port (DH hates to fly). Someday, though, it will be good to try another line for comparison purposes!;)

Archived