orbitz

lougee1043

would like to know the satisfaction rating from people who have used orbitz---were the flights you picked delivered at the agreed on price --how do you handle a problem ---how are the tix delivered-- any other info would be greatly appreciated

I've used Orbitz 2-3 times a year for the last couple of years and I'm very satisfied. I've always had "E-tickets" and I've never had a problem. They are not always the cheapest, I like to use SideStep to check out the best prices for simple R/T air or hotels.

Sidestep is reported to load a ton of spyware onto your computer.

I'm not sure that I would describe it as a "ton". As I understand it, downloading SideStep addes 2 types of adware to ones computer. The first is to intercept air fare search information that is sent to a competing website such Travelocity or Expedia, etc. This creates no real harm and the feature can be surpressed by going to their Preference section if one thinks it is a bother. The second is to generate popups for certain ads. However, common popup blockers kill this feature as does the free popup blocker obtained by using the Google toolbar. Others describe SideStep as follows: "This is a low risk adware application and will not cause direct harm to your computer, removing it is not required." For more detail see, http://www.giantcompany.com/antispyware/research/spyware/spyware-SideStep.aspx I have used SideStep for a number of years and have no complaints to register once I know what it is doing.

I have booked flights to Europe using Hotwire, Expedia, and now Orbiz. All have been great. I used sidestep to locate my last bargin which was on Orbiz. I had to pay for paper tickets but it was such a great deal I didn't complain. Anytime you purchase Ecomony and they send you business class tickets who's going to complain. Happy traveling Tim

Archived