Airfare

card61

What would be the earliest time to book a flight after a cruise??

I am searching for airafre for our May cruise and don't know which time to pick??

Any help ?

We are cruising the Valor May 24th from Miami

I am searching for airafre for our May cruise and don't know which time to pick??

Any help ?

sign up to a site like kayak that can keep track of prices for you day to day. we're already looking at flights from buffalo-orlando next aug, right now its under $175 return.

Any help ?

I think what is being asked is the time after a cruise to book a flight...time of day that is (card61 correct me if I am wrong). :)

We've never booked a flight any earlier than noon....to account for any debarking delays, etc. They say they begin debarkation around 8:00, but I've seen it delayed more times than not.

I think what is being asked is the time after a cruise to book a flight...time of day that is (card61 correct me if I am wrong). :)

We've never booked a flight any earlier than noon....to account for any debarking delays, etc. They say they begin debarkation around 8:00, but I've seen it delayed more times than not.

lol i think you're right :doh:

Here is my experience for whatever it's worth (fwiw):

When we went on our Liberty cruise, we scheduled our return later--we were flying on points and it really didn't matter if it was later in the day. However, friends that cruised with us booked a 1:30 flight... they made it ok that wasn't a problem, but they were unable to use Luggage Express because going from MIA to FLL required the flight to be a 2:00 pm flight or later.

So, if you think you might like to use Luggage Express (where you get your luggage back at your home airport--it's a wonderful service... no lines, none of that) keep that in mind for your flights.

The one thing that's a shame is you can't call the airlines for OBC if the fare goes down! :) Unless you buy full-fare tickets, of course.

Good luck..

But great tips nonetheless! I think Kayak is great too....good site for comparison shopping.

Just remember that Kayak does not include American Airlines or Southwest, so you may lose out on a lot of flights if you rely solely on that website.

Since we are never in a rush to get home, I always book the flight home around noon or after. That way, we can eat breakfast and not have to rush. There is always a rush earlier in the morning. We just let all that get out of the way and then you can just walk off the ship, get a taxi to the airport, no problem.

When we were on the Valor we did self disembark and had no trouble getting a cab to the airport. We were through security (no lines early) and sitting at our gate at 8:45!!! Our flight didn't leave until 12:30 but one of the members of our party was crazy about getting there 'early' so it can be done.

I still think the 12:30 flight was nice and safe.

Just remember that Kayak does not include American Airlines or Southwest, so you may lose out on a lot of flights if you rely solely on that website.

Thats interesting that you say that..I booked my AA flights to Puerto Rico over the summer using Kayak.

Any help ?

We're cruising the Valor in 3 weeks. . .our flight out of MIA is at 11:55 a.m. Last year after our cruise on the Legend our flight was around noon and we didn't have a problem getting to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

Thats interesting that you say that..I booked my AA flights to Puerto Rico over the summer using Kayak.

American has sued Kayak (and Kayak has countersued). If you search now, you will, not find American flights on Kayak. If you try to search for American flights on Kayak, this is the message you get

"We’re sorry, but we are not currently displaying American Airlines’ fares. We hope to resolve this issue soon. In the meantime, if you are interested in comparing their fares or booking a flight on American Airlines, you can do so by clicking on any of the links below for other travel websites:"

Archived